SI sql 15

Participant count
  • Participants list

Ridinhi
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Not really a build log(yet) but just wanted to show a couple of pics of this sun I got today. When the time comes, it will be sealed. Want opinions on if I should try pairing it with two passive radiators? I’m looking at the 15” radiators from Dayton audio.
CF74BE1A-D716-470C-A58C-AFF6C0063C89.jpeg
5559C8DA-84A7-4A4B-8346-FEF3724A1B57.jpeg
127E1F81-1604-4741-AFBC-3AAD8AE64ACA.jpeg
B2CF246B-1AA0-4AD2-B6C0-2D75FEC83D8C.jpeg

Id probably get a set of earthquake radiators. 2 high excursion 15inch radiators will be difficult to find. Typically you want each radiator to have at least 3/4 xmax of the sub

2 of these would be perfect and probably space saving though maybe a bit expensive

Or these

Anything’s possible. If I could come up with some plans, I’d attempt it!

Last edited:
Let me ask you guys, what if I where to do a build with the si sql facing rear of cab with the radiators downfiring? Console between seats. Think it would work?

Id probably get a set of earthquake radiators. 2 high excursion 15inch radiators will be difficult to find. Typically you want each radiator to have at least 3/4 xmax of the sub

2 of these would be perfect and probably space saving though maybe a bit expensive

Or these
These are adjustable, the earthquakes are not.

That seems like enough room, I'd be interested to see how this type of setup works.

What do these subs require as far as air space?
The sql requires 2 cubes sealed. As far as the passives, that’s where I will need help. I thought I would just add them to the 2 cubes but I’m not clear on all this.

That seems like enough room, I'd be interested to see how this type of setup works.

What do these subs require as far as air space?
The more I look into this, the more I’m thinking this will not work. I may just wait and do this setup some other time. Or, just try it without tie radiators.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...