Should my door speakers produce bass?

Participant count
  • Participants list

ogloc.1574

CarAudio.com Newbie
Toronto
My car audio system is all custom in an 04 es330 with 2 way coaxial in all doors and a basic tweeter in the mount location. Got an 8” midrange driver in the rear deck. My speakers are tuned to produce no bass.

My friend has added a 10” sub to his car with bass remote to adjust subwoofer level. The stock head unit controls the bass the speakers put out. In some songs it sounds pretty good to have the speakers putting out bass.

What do you guys think? Should i have my door speakers putting out bass as well or will it sound bad?

It's all a balancing act. Without automatic frequency like REW or Audyssey, you will ALWAYS have to adjust dependent on the music and how it was recorded. Personally, I want 'some' bass coming out of the door speakers, just not so much that it makes the speaker distort.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.