Should I buy a new Sub, Amp or run 4ohms?

Participant count
  • Participants list

CNB83

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi, I currently have a Alpine MRX-110 amp that runs 1130rms as tested @ 2ohms or 650rms @ 4ohms (Not 1ohm stable) and a 12" FI SSD Neo DVC 2ohm 1500rms (Xmax Coil w/ Stiff Suspension) in a 1.0 cu ft sealed enclosure. Should I run the setup at 4ohms or, buy a DVC 4ohm sub to run @ 2ohms or a 1ohm stable amp to run up to the rms. My choices for subs would be between a Sundown or DC (due to FI not making a DVC 4ohm sub). If a sub, which would be a good choice for me (I like low bass). If an amp, what would be a good 1ohm stable amp for my setup. I'm torn. Any help is appreciated. TY

Good full bridge power is too cheap to not to Buy a one ohm stable amp Instead of a new sub.

you can run your current sub at 1 ohm and if you get another one of those subs at some point you can run series parallel at 2 Ohms with the same power output.

if you don’t plan on ever getting an additional sub you can grab an md3k for $230 and save a few bucks

Thx for the replies. I was pushing more towards a new amp personally. How do u guys feel about Hifonics vs Taramps? This is the first time I heard of the Taramps. They look really good at keeping the rated power though. But I've been reading that the Taramps seem to be more for a total range of frequencies? Will that affect my lows at all?

Hi, I currently have a Alpine MRX-110 amp that runs 1130rms as tested @ 2ohms or 650rms @ 4ohms (Not 1ohm stable) and a 12" FI SSD Neo DVC 2ohm 1500rms (Xmax Coil w/ Stiff Suspension) in a 1.0 cu ft sealed enclosure. Should I run the setup at 4ohms or, buy a DVC 4ohm sub to run @ 2ohms or a 1ohm stable amp to run up to the rms. My choices for subs would be between a Sundown or DC (due to FI not making a DVC 4ohm sub). If a sub, which would be a good choice for me (I like low bass). If an amp, what would be a good 1ohm stable amp for my setup. I'm torn. Any help is appreciated. TY
Id run it off the amp you have now till you get funds to get a 1 ohm stable amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.