seXXX's not loud enough...

Jt321
10+ year member

I have 2 10's seXXX in a sealed .65 cu box. They are getting powered by a jbl 1200, final ohm's is 2. I was hoping these subs would hit hard, but they dont do that. Dont get my wrong though, they do get loud with my components, but its not like holy **** thats loud. I have my gain about 1/4 to 1/2 way up, and lp at around 100hz, and bass boost at 0 dB. Anyone know whats going on, or is it supposed to be this way? Im just looking for it to hit harder and the subs to get louder.

Thx -John

I have 2 10's seXXX in a sealed .65 cu box. They are getting powered by a jbl 1200, final ohm's is 2. I was hoping these subs would hit hard, but they dont do that. Dont get my wrong though, they do get loud with my components, but its not like holy **** thats loud. I have my gain about 1/4 to 1/2 way up, and lp at around 100hz, and bass boost at 0 dB. Anyone know whats going on, or is it supposed to be this way? Im just looking for it to hit harder and the subs to get louder.Thx -John
depending on you headunit you might be able to turn those gains up some more...and that's a pretty small box...and it's sealed...port that and you'll do this //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/clap.gif.178cba2c538c68e720c727fcb024b19c.gif

i'd turn the lp filter down to about 80ish also

EDIT....sorry just noticed you listed your h/u.....the gains sound about right then....still mess w/ them a bit and see what you get....i'd set my sights on a different box tho

Oh man, that box is WAY too small, and its sealed. Give em 2-2.5 cubes a piece ported, tuned to 30-32 hz. And turn the gain up some, then stand back. It'll be a HUGE difference.

Oh man, that box is WAY too small, and its sealed. Give em 2-2.5 cubes a piece ported, tuned to 30-32 hz. And turn the gain up some, then stand back. It'll be a HUGE difference.
i hope the .65 cubes isn't total box volume //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

i saw .65 cubes and i was like OMG! ya you definately need to port em or at least give em around 1 cu. ft sealed a piece for a small improvement. Id port em tho if youve got the room.

Yea i was thinking that my box was too small, and also its .65 cubes per chamber. I had this box custom built to go under my seat in my truck, and the room is very limited. How would i add more air space to it? I wanna go ported but i dont think i have enough room. The box i bought is here http://subthump.com/achevytruck99.htm , its the "Dual 10 with Amp Space". Any ideas?

Opps, the box is actually .70 cubes, lol not much of a diffrence.

well...the easiest way would be to sacrifice seat room and build a box that sits on one side or all of the back seat...i also noticed your truck was lifted....this could be something you don't want to do...but i've seen ppl with lifted trucks cut the floor out of the back to get a deeper box in..just an idea tho

my ex step dad had 2 12s between the seats *took out the console*, then he moved to 4 12s behind his seats in the ext cab under the bench, now he removed the back seat and threw 4 jl 12s in there ...... talk about a cool ex stepdad to hang with eh?

point is ..... if u want more noise, you need more space ..... really bad

I think its your box size and type. I have 2 12" SEXXX in a 5 cube box at about 32 hz and they definately have some spl to them. Same amp, with similar settings, 0 bass boot, 1/3 gain, about 80-90 hz. I'm not going to say "TheY PoUnd like Mad fUnKy Pupz yo!", but i think its definately your box size. I'm stepping up tp 8-9 cubes this summer. ill post how it turns out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.