Setting gains

Participant count
  • Participants list

SteelKiller
10+ year member

Portland
So I think I have my rf 1200.1 set right. Running 1 ohm to 2-SA10'S. When the bass peaks the clean out blinks red for a quick blip then goes away. Long sustained notes it does not light up. Just need confirmation. The amp did not come with the set up cd but I set gains at -10db 40hz, flat eq, no bass boost or rf eq. Subsonic at lowest setting. Sound right?
Thanks

Always been taught to do it this way. Subsonic should be 2-3hz below box tuning and remote bass knob (if it has one) from amplifier all the way up and using a 0db 40hz tone. 12volt also has the voltage calculator as well for ohms and how much wattage. Just enter the info and will give you what the volts should be when setting the gains via DMM.

Edit: Also have head unit volume at 75% or close to it when setting the gains.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention, running a Kenwood 709 head unit with 0 distortion at full volume. I set the gains on my highs amp the same way and done experience the distorted out light blink and its plenty loud. Balanced line rca's ran opposite side from power so less interference chances.

So I think I have my rf 1200.1 set right. Running 1 ohm to 2-SA10'S. When the bass peaks the clean out blinks red for a quick blip then goes away. Long sustained notes it does not light up. Just need confirmation. The amp did not come with the set up cd but I set gains at -10db 40hz, flat eq, no bass boost or rf eq. Subsonic at lowest setting. Sound right?
Thanks
Sounds like you got it set correctly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...