Setting gain *yes I read the sticky*

Not about perfection !

The equation is just that, it deals with theoretical numbers.

Are you going to double-check every amp and every sub to ensure that the manufacturer's are giving you accurate data?

Of course not.

Quit beating a dead horse!!

/thread

which further lends me to believe we might just as well adjust it by ear than DMM or oscop. Although its all these "theories" that lead so many car audio threads into so many butthurt discussions which i also find odd. all i read is about how were suppose to do this or do that preciscely using xbrands while this other xbrands are tossers because of their specs or where its made..etc...only to read in between that their all "theoreticals" ??

whateva...i guess if it puts out the lowz and it sounds good to your ear, your good to go.

Alright I put aside second guessing and set my gain with a dmm to 32.1, for. Ow. Trying to adjust everything and don't want to go over my voltage target. In any case what exactly does a se filter provide? And how do they get properly set. My box is tuned high, like 45 hz. I'm working a new one but for now this is what I have.

Pretty sure you need a load on the amp,becasue that will change what the amp is capable of putting out.

To me using a DMM only makes sense if you intend on only burping, becasue your amps power out will differ across frequency, and you sub is an "impedance" not a resistance therefor it changes across frequency and temp. Plus if your amp dose not have a regulated power supply then drive voltage coming out of the amp can differ based on the supply voltage being feed to the amp.

And since a subs impedance changes you need a current meter to find out what impedance the sub is currently is at to adjust your formula...oh and you need to do this every frequency you plan to use your amp.

It all seems way to overly complicated for something that has been done for many years by ear with no adverse affects when done with some common sense.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bruceg

10+ year member
bruceg
LA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from