Set gains to rated rms or true rms??

So I'm getting an Orion xtr 2500.1 delivered and it's rated at 2500 @ 1 ohm so I should be looking at setting my gain at 50 volts. Yet on the Dyno on certified it's delivering 2800. So should I aim for 2800 watts (53 volts) or the 2500 rated watts (50 volts) using ohms law. These amps are underrated and my fi 18" subwoofer is rated for 3000 rms. So I'm not worried about overpowering it. I don't have an oscilloscope so measuring volts is the most accurate way for me to calculate clipping

if u have plenty of power to the amp ho alt, 2nd battery, big 3 and all u could got over 50v but u can also set everything @50v sub volume at 0, with no boost at certain hu volume like 30 and if u play something with less bass turn hu volume up 2 more.. if u don't have all those power upgrades u won't even get 2500rms..

Setting gains with a DMM is very silly. You should be setting them with a selection of the music you listen to or using an SPL meter if you're doing this to compete.

Well an SPL meter isn't going to tell me when I'm getting distortion. Well kind of in a way but not as specific as I want for a daily driver and demos
u can set gains like we talked about and then see if any stereo shops around rtp (or where ever u at) has a scope they can set it for u but may cost $50

The Orion is actually about 83% efficient which is why I bought it
It stays pretty efficient if used at 4 ohm or 2 ohm but once you're headed for 2800w, efficiency is out the window. No free lunch, this amp is a very good current pump. Sounds good, too. You'll like it.

It stays pretty efficient if used at 4 ohm or 2 ohm but once you're headed for 2800w, efficiency is out the window. No free lunch, this amp is a very good current pump. Sounds good, too. You'll like it.
Yea this is true

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

u can set gains like we talked about and then see if any stereo shops around rtp (or where ever u at) has a scope they can set it for u but may cost $50
I'll give that a try

[quote name='BOOMINGRANDPA']man idk where u saw that but trust me it's not even close at 80%.. @bigblank69 had or still has one and i know he tested a 1500 maybe he'll replay and see what his amp showed (he has a dyno channel on utube it's huge now) https://www.youtube.com/user/bigblank69/videos?view=0&flow=grid&sort=p[/QUOTE]

I sold my 2500.1Dz... kind of regret it but I want to try some other amps out on my truck. I currently have a Alphard Deaf Bonce 2000.1 in there and will be trying out the Brutal Sounds 2.1 next.... Might even **** everyone off and run a Brazilian amp at 4 ohms... Otherwise known as the Double Gramps Ohm

I sold my 2500.1Dz... kind of regret it but I want to try some other amps out on my truck. I currently have a Alphard Deaf Bonce 2000.1 in there and will be trying out the Brutal Sounds 2.1 next.... Might even **** everyone off and run a Brazilian amp at 4 ohms... Otherwise known as the Double Gramps Ohm
Man I was stuck between the Orion and the taramps for like a month.. the taramps just seemed like a beast .. but what brought me to the Orion was the fact that I could with at different ohms and not be too particular about voltage drops as much as the taramps from what I read. Not to mention Orion is a well known trusted brand with customer service that speaks English and higher resale value. And also the Brazilian amps are full range and put out most of their power over 1k and they don't have 0 gauge power connectors I think it's like an undersized 4

I’ll sell you a couple amps lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.