seperate chambers

Participant count
  • Participants list
Apparently, two chambers are safer cause one speaker can still work if the other's blown... plus, you get an added effect of a brace for minimal box flexing... but I use a common chamber instead of dual...

you could and are partly wrong,lol.

not to be an as$ or anything

people blow speakers generally because of clipped signals, not from too much or too little power, but from sendnign the sub a clipped signal...

while this is generally casued by running a weaker amplifier and pushing it farther than it can, it is still generally spewaking, user error..

anyways.

some people beleive that common chamber boxes can 'force' teh subs to move together, providinbg a slgihtly tighter sound, (i havent noticed it...) they are simpler to build, but do flex more.

if you do blow a sub for any reason, you will likely taost the otehr one too...

i find that making the box seperate chambers is jsuta better overal idea....

Originally posted by Jmac Yes, but isn't it also true that a shared airspace box is a much more efficient use of space ? I find them to be especially beneficial in small hatchbacks and sedans where larger boxes simply won't fit without sacrificing the rear seats ... Thus, you get the nice low bass that everyone likes with only half the space. Also, if you build a box like I do (With 1" MDF), it doesn't flex much at all ...
Wait a minute....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif :banghead: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

My sub's recommended enclosure is 0.75Cu.Ft

I have two of them so I multiplied that number and made a 1.5Cu.Ft box. From what you wrote, this box that I made is exactly double of what I need for two subs? !&^$!@#(*&!@$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

****!****!****!****!****!****!****!****!****!****!****!****!****!****!****!****!****!****!****!****!****!****!****!****!****!****!****!****!****!****!****!****!****!****!****!****!****!****!****!

low-end response...it all emans it'll just vibrate and vibrate...not real tight bass....****!****!****!****!****!

now I gotta put dividers into that box...!&^#$!^@#$%^!#~$!^@%#$....

well, I guess I gotta order another full-size sheet of MDF tomorrow...this time, I think I'll make a ported one....

hey, wait a minute.... I was talking about porting my current enclosure with another person... think that'll work?

p.s. sorry about the flooding of ****s...just had to get that out...

it could work..

also, how jmac, is it more effiecient, all you gain is say .75 inches or 1.5 incehs of airsapce...

ok, if its a REALLY tight fit, yes.... but otherwise, not overly significant...

heh, all you gain in airspace is teh volume of the MDF, which, is virtually negligable...

wont be an audible difference...

at elast not for airspace reasons...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.