screwing in subwoofer box

WiNnErPL
10+ year member

nYc
Well, I doubt you could screw it into the gass tank, however I'd still be careful about securing it that way.

There are probably a lot of people here who have better ideas than me, but I would suggest looking around your trunk or whever you want to mount it, and look for hooks or rings, or something to secure it to. I have a saab and my trunk has two heavy duty rings towards the back of the trunk, I plan on securing my box to these, maybe with rope or something.

You dont really need to buy those brakets, its easier to go to a hardware store and get some shelf brackets. What i would do is lift up the carpet under your box and but a sheet of wood underneath. Then just screw the brackets into the box and through the carpet into the wood.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

If you experience any air leakage from the screw holes.. adding Clear or the color of you choice of Silicone works just fine after a 24 hour cure...
Set your amp for maximum unclipped performance. The drivers are rated to 500 watts so they should fine. 500 watts is the thermal limit and music...
So the test parameters literally require that you tune down or tune up whichever topology you are claiming. I am talking about taking my Class a/b...
My guess is, once you get the speaker in it, more like 34hz so good to go. With that unit, try it up, try it to the rear, see which works best...
Two of these in that box would work great. https://www.ctsounds.com/collections/tropoxl-subwoofers/products/tropo-xl-12

About this thread

WiNnErPL

10+ year member
WiNnErPL
nYc
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from