Northeast Region Sanford Sound Bikini Car Wash/New England SPL show - July 26

CT,DC,DE,MA,MD,NH,NJ,NY,PA,RI,VT,WV
    Participant count
  • Participants list
I think there were a few vehicles for sale, one being that blazer. I ended up doing a 152.7 on my first run, and then dropped my amps down from 1 ohm to .25 each and blew a dustcap off a sub after the glue connecting the inner surround to the cone failed, which caused suspension mayhem, the coil shorted out and kicked my amps into protect as well. Both subs have glue failure, but after burping them for so long it was bound to happen. All 4 coils still read good, so I just need some goop and glue and I'll be back in business!

HISPLS had a great second run, was unsure what happened on Run 1 but I saw a low score so I figured something was up...

Kangaroux was also there, but did not run as he is still too rookie for us, bro!

20150726_132224_zpsfxhdgyap.jpg

20150726_144050_zps2gqoykvj.jpg

20150726_202425_zps60vqwgki.jpg

20150726_202438_zpszib2ava2.jpg

I think there were a few vehicles for sale, one being that blazer. I ended up doing a 152.7 on my first run, and then dropped my amps down from 1 ohm to .25 each and blew a dustcap off a sub after the glue connecting the inner surround to the cone failed, which caused suspension mayhem, the coil shorted out and kicked my amps into protect as well. Both subs have glue failure, but after burping them for so long it was bound to happen. All 4 coils still read good, so I just need some goop and glue and I'll be back in business!HISPLS had a great second run, was unsure what happened on Run 1 but I saw a low score so I figured something was up...

Kangaroux was also there, but did not run as he is still too rookie for us, bro!
I had built a new amp rack and re-mounted my amps Fri/Sat. One of my fuse blocks was falling apart so first run was a real disaster. After bypassing that, I did somewhat better on round 2, but it still wasn't my number (did 152.8 in Hyannis and 52.7 most of last season). I then noticed that while tucking wires I had switched one of my amps out of "slave" mode and it was over-driving into protect. I've noticed that when one amp goes out things sound and behave very badly. Silly me for not doing it a week earlier so I would have time to fully test and order new parts.... Saturday the neighbor had a big party and we were cooking out and shooting from early afternoon til dark. I had planned to test some on Saturday but I got caught up in the redneckery

I'm amazed you didn't break bend or fold that former! You should be able to glue that and get some more life out of it.

Where's the bikini's at??!!
Weather was a little cool and cloudy. Most of the skanks there were dressed rather conservatively compared to warmer years.... likely why nobody has posted pics of them. I was too busy catching up with all the guys to be bothered. Naught for nothing but in this day and age I can see better looking women blowing a horse on the internet and couldn't be bothered when I'm trying to enjoy some loud music.

^^^ bingo, there were no real hotties up our way (aside from my wife of course //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

As far as my stuff goes, it'll be ok. If not, I'll be getting the HCCA's built quicker than I thought LoL.

Let's see a 53 out of you at next show... we are in a race :p

If you need a TL - I have two, one that works great and one that got run over at SBN a decade ago, but still functions lol

Today is going to be more bracing and deadening for me. I wanna borrow your meter again Jason. Do you have any plans on coming down my way by chance so I don't have to drive to Augusta lol

No problem

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

I am trying to get a set of Tein lowering springs for the rex from my buddy whose parents are in Auburn and the fronts are there... if that goes through I'll be down that way relatively soon.

I had built a new amp rack and re-mounted my amps Fri/Sat. One of my fuse blocks was falling apart so first run was a real disaster. After bypassing that, I did somewhat better on round 2, but it still wasn't my number (did 152.8 in Hyannis and 52.7 most of last season). I then noticed that while tucking wires I had switched one of my amps out of "slave" mode and it was over-driving into protect. I've noticed that when one amp goes out things sound and behave very badly. Silly me for not doing it a week earlier so I would have time to fully test and order new parts.... Saturday the neighbor had a big party and we were cooking out and shooting from early afternoon til dark. I had planned to test some on Saturday but I got caught up in the redneckery
I'm amazed you didn't break bend or fold that former! You should be able to glue that and get some more life out of it.

Weather was a little cool and cloudy. Most of the skanks there were dressed rather conservatively compared to warmer years.... likely why nobody has posted pics of them. I was too busy catching up with all the guys to be bothered. Naught for nothing but in this day and age I can see better looking women blowing a horse on the internet and couldn't be bothered when I'm trying to enjoy some loud music.
Gotcha.

I can see hotties everywhere....in person and/or the internet.

The beach.!!

^^^ bingo, there were no real hotties up our way (aside from my wife of course //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
As far as my stuff goes, it'll be ok. If not, I'll be getting the HCCA's built quicker than I thought LoL.

Let's see a 53 out of you at next show... we are in a race :p

If you need a TL - I have two, one that works great and one that got run over at SBN a decade ago, but still functions lol
I've never did any testing as far as seat position, vents, visors, or gorilla tape to see if I can find a few tenths, nor have I taken the seats out since I first ran my wires. Since the seats are powered it's sort of a PITA compared to seats without a bunch of wires. I even built a podium that I've never bothered to test. I might could get motivated at some point.

Keep me posted on those Orions. I've put out some feelers on coils to see what my options are for American Made.

I've never did any testing as far as seat position, vents, visors, or gorilla tape to see if I can find a few tenths, nor have I taken the seats out since I first ran my wires. Since the seats are powered it's sort of a PITA compared to seats without a bunch of wires. I even built a podium that I've never bothered to test. I might could get motivated at some point.
Keep me posted on those Orions. I've put out some feelers on coils to see what my options are for American Made.
Will do. I found that it's a tenth or three louder with me inside my car. If you need a meter, we got that covered as well locally.

Will do. I found that it's a tenth or three louder with me inside my car. If you need a meter, we got that covered as well locally.
I've got a meter here. I used to own TL but sold it when the SPL Lab bluetooth one came out. I find the Russian one far more convenient.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.