Same subs/power in a small walled hatchback vs a suv?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lowkey
10+ year member

It was my opinion that in a little walled hatch the same system would sound louder and move more air than it would in a large suv. My reason for thinking this is really simple. You are sitting directly in front of the speakers, the source of the sound is right next to your head. Also since the cabin space is so small the air will be much easier to move. Is this not true?

It was my opinion that in a little walled hatch the same system would sound louder and move more air than it would in a large suv. My reason for thinking this is really simple. You are sitting directly in front of the speakers, the source of the sound is right next to your head. Also since the cabin space is so small the air will be much easier to move. Is this not true?
Depends do you know how to actually build a wall or are you gonna do like most people here and just stuff a large front firing box inside?

Depends do you know how to actually build a wall or are you gonna do like most people here and just stuff a large front firing box inside?
This isn't something I'm actually doing I'm more just curious if its logically true. I got dragged in a facebook group for saying this and I'm trying to educate myself.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...