Running speaker and RCA cables down the center console from the HU to the rear of the trunk

Participant count
  • Participants list

jrouter76
10+ year member

jrouter76
I`m thinking of using a fish tape to pull the wires and cables to the back down through the center console,my question is,do I need to remove either or both seats up front? the car is a 2004 Bonneville SLE...anyone have done this before with this type of car or similar GM cars? any help would be appreciated

Don't pull your RCA's through anything.
You stretch them you will break them
Do it the right way and take **** out run the cables, secure the cables so the don't move around and then put things back carefully making sure not to pinch them.
If you can put something over the cables to protect them
Plus you should run them as far away from the power wire as possible
RCA's are your signal lines
If they don't give a clear signal then everything is going to sound like ****

Don't pull your RCA's through anything.
You stretch them you will break them
Do it the right way and take **** out run the cables, secure the cables so the don't move around and then put things back carefully making sure not to pinch them.
If you can put something over the cables to protect them
Plus you should run them as far away from the power wire as possible
RCA's are your signal lines
If they don't give a clear signal then everything is going to sound like ****
yes i get that about the RCAs I have pulled them before but i taped-wrapped them heavy and taped the end really good but hooked the cables 3 inches below the ends,not a problem witht hte sound of the cables,but thanks for the info will take seat(s) out as well as anything else that need to be.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...