Rough sketchup need to find port length

Participant count
  • Participant list
Whats up with the brace piece I circled?

View attachment 4510

IMG_20190314_1743039.jpg

Should I just take a 4" hole saw to this then? Or would multiple smaller holes be better? I don't think that'll effect displacements too much

Last edited by a moderator:
Cut off the vertical piece where it meets the horizontal piece. That is too much flow restriction. In the future a better design would be to make a flange out of wood and mount the port tube to that to make an assembly and then mount the assembly to the box. You could even use bolts and wingnuts to make it removable like one of my pics below. 

L13.jpg

N1.jpg

R9.jpg

S2.jpg

I've never in the 25+ years into car audio seen biscuits involved in boxbuilding. Save that **** for making cabinetry or making house doors. It's almost like seeing people taking simple things then overcomplicating it.

Just a few example pics I made a T-line enclosure a few yrs ago. I didn't use any biscuits, once the top panel is on, it's done.

1131.jpg

1128.jpg

Adding the biscuits only took 20 min if that.

Overall I'm ecstatic with the results, got way more range & clarity out of this speaker than any other I've ever had! Ended up cutting some of that brace out so the tune is probably closer to 32hz now, but it still sounds tight & has plenty of volume through the higher frequencies... just absolutely smashes the lows without sounding boomy. I didn't expect to keep the responsiveness & tight sound it had sealed but it actually sounds a lot cleaner

Thank you everyone for your help along the way!!

Snapchat-93723939.jpg

IMG_20190314_2237531.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.