Rodek Amps

Participant count
  • Participant list

RemcoR

CarAudio.com Newbie
Is see that (real) old Rodek amps are by Steven Mantz , like the 2150.
I have a couple of Rodek 680-2150-2200 Got them in one lot, but are they as good as the realy old Rodek?
What is the difference between the R680A and the r680N ? Can find the specs but no tests or reviews.

Already painted 2 of them becouse car will be black on black inside and out . When I took them appart for paint they looked well build .

rodek.jpg

Don't really see them in the USA. As far as I know made by ZED and decent SQ amps.

Last edited:
Thanks I,m in the Netherlands Bought them in Germany .
Online manual is in German and English so German made ? Stikkers say USA.
But can not even find if they are class A or A/B

Thanks I,m in the Netherlands Bought them in Germany .
Online manual is in German and English so German made ? Stikkers say USA.
But can not even find if they are class A or A/B
These are Class A/B not Class A. Class A were some pretty rare amps that i am sure were mainly Prototypes that are rarely seen and sought after these days. I have a Class A Autotek and Audio Gods. Ive collected quite a bit of Zed amps over the years and can tell you just by my experience looking at these they are class A/b not A. But should do more than rated power as they were Spec @ 11.9/12v and you should see more @14v. Most Zed amps were @ 0.1% TDH and 100+DB amplifiers. Clean and have power. Built like Tanks

All the old Zed made amps will say "Made in the USA by Zed Audio" either on an end or on the board. Not sure what years he build Rodek but many of the brands that started out using his designs sold the name and outsourced manufacturing to China/Korea. Some of those brands such as US Acoustics kept the same circuit designs for a generation, others (like Hifonics) quickly just filled the heatsinks with the cheapest **** they could find out of the Far East sweat shops.

Either way, they look nice and should make music for you. They would be class A/B. True class A is wildly inefficient and the typical power output of amps that size would be <50W total. They have been a home theater meme in the past where ultra high efficiency speaker designs allow for good output on lower power, but I doubt anybody is still buying that snake oil anymore, and definitely not in car audio.

Here are two interior pics of the rodek amp,s The A and the N serie,s 2 chanal. Dates 2002 and 2005 No Made in USA on them.
They look identical .
The capacitors are Taiwan made junfu. I Guess not old enought to replace
out of precaution.

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    682.1 KB · Views: 99
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    509.3 KB · Views: 126
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...