Rockford Fosgate punch 250x2 what true output?

Yireh

CarAudio.com Newbie
Illinois
Have a Old School punch 250x2 whats true output? Im building a system to go in a Cadillac cts, not looking for spl purely but want some loudness. I have about 300 to spend looking for info on which sub to pick. Looking to run bridged at 4ohm for max output it's not 1 ohm stable.

I am pretty sure it’s rated 500 watts bridged into 4 ohms and will actually do more like 700ish. (650-750) depending on luck of the draw. The smaller Punch amp’s model numbers were the sum of 4 ohm rated power i.e. Punch 60x2 was rated 30 by two into 4 ohms. So yours is probably 125 by two @ 4 ohms. Double that into 2 ohms for 250 by 2 and ad those together for bridged and you get 500 watts rated. I searched for 250 x2 birth sheet and somebody had the exact same question but he had a birth sheet that said 362 watts by 2 into 2 ohms so that would be 724 watts bridged into 4 ohms. 👍

Have a Old School punch 250x2 whats true output? Im building a system to go in a Cadillac cts, not looking for spl purely but want some loudness. I have about 300 to spend looking for info on which sub to pick. Looking to run bridged at 4ohm for max output it's not 1 ohm stable.
You gotta be a little more descriptive about that amp... what exact model is it? I have a Punch 250a2 sitting here it is 62.5w x 2.
20200802-124130-HDR.jpg

20200802-124119-HDR.jpg

I am pretty sure it’s rated 500 watts bridged into 4 ohms and will actually do more like 700ish. (650-750) depending on luck of the draw. The smaller Punch amp’s model numbers were the sum of 4 ohm rated power i.e. Punch 60x2 was rated 30 by two into 4 ohms. So yours is probably 125 by two @ 4 ohms. Double that into 2 ohms for 250 by 2 and ad those together for bridged and you get 500 watts rated. I searched for 250 x2 birth sheet and somebody had the exact same question but he had a birth sheet that said 362 watts by 2 into 2 ohms so that would be 724 watts bridged into 4 ohms. 👍
thank you the birth sheet says 450 watts bridged @ 4 ohm load. but the guy who gave it to me a long time ago said they were underated so wondered if any one had anectdotal experience with them. Im having a hard time matching two subs at that rms range any ideas?

You gotta be a little more descriptive about that amp... what exact model is it? I have a Punch 250a2 sitting here it is 62.5w x 2.
20200802-124130-HDR.jpg

20200802-124119-HDR.jpg
no the model i have is prior to this punch , the amp is the 250x2 which was black with heatsink fins all over the amp body.

yes sir dual power dual ground my cousin gave me the whole setup years ago with two jl they rotted on me and so the amp has been sitting. He always told me to hang on to it bc its a beast and he paid alot for it at the time mid 2000s.

Im having a hard time matching two subs at that rms range

I'd think a set of quality starter 12's or a single quality 500w 15 enclosed right would probably work for you in that Cts.

Enclosure matters a ton so either build it yourself or get one built. Finding a prefab that works can be a chore and even then the tuning/volume listed is gonna change with sub displacement. Sometimes drastically, sometimes marginally.

That amp has potential to work nicely as long as your signal is setup correctly and strong,... and the thing still works.

Maybe a pair of Sundown LCS?.. not a SQ sub by any means but will be musical and work on your power. Another member threw a pair in a prefab and was happy too. So it just might work for you.

I thought you were talking about the black and red mid 90’s one too. The birth sheet is what the amp actually does. As tested by RF QC. Just about any budget subs should be fine. Like Alpine type S, MTX 3500 or 5500 series, pretty much any sub that you can get for $75-$150 a piece. I have heard that NVX subs sound and perform better than their price would imply but I haven’t heard them. I am very hesitant to buy speakers I haven’t heard personally although I did by my Oz Vector components from the inter web. These other guys seem to like Sundown and some of the newer brands that I don’t know much about. I only know they have a good reputation

Have an Old School punch 250x2 whats true output? Im building a system to go in a Cadillac cts, not looking for spl purely but want some loudness. I have about 300 to spend looking for info on which sub to pick. Looking to run bridged at 4ohm for max output it's not 1 ohm stable.
I believe it gets to 1000w rms at 2 ohms!!

I believe it gets to 1000w rms at 2 ohms!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...