Rockford fosgate p3 subwoofer question

My wife has a powered p3 10” enclosure in her murano, and honestly it pounds pretty hard for that big air space. As far as 2 on 1500, i can’t say. Lol but 1, on 300w sounds pretty as far as all around thumping.

Theyre nice subs. I’ve done at least a dozen enclosures for these for other people, but never ran them myself. I personally liked the sound of them sealed over ported with the limited listening experience I’ve actually had. Normally people will pick up their box, and I get to hear maybe a song or 2 before sending them on their way, so I have far more experience on paper than actually listening to how they perform daily. From the software modeling Ive done, they look a little peaky on the low end in a normal tuned ported box, but some people actually like that. The lowest port tuning I’ve tried with them was 30 hz, and they sounded decent.

I haven’t tried a p3 but have a p2 10 and a kicker cvr 10. I loved the p2 till I got a bigger car and it didn’t seem to hit the lows anymore. I put the cvr in the same box and it had a little more oomph. I’ve tried a few different 12’s and settled on an American bass xd. It sounds great and last I saw the 10’s were around $75 each. I was also looking at the tnt Buck linked to. I’ve heard they use all the same parts except with a cast basket. I’d take a look at the ssa demon too. Not discouraging you from the p3. It’s supposed to be comparable to the cvr which I really liked. All those are in the 500-600 watt range and will probably be fine on 1500. The ssa’s will take a lot more than that and sound great doing it but you don’t get as much impact at lower volume.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.