factory recommends. .65 cubic feet using a 2 inch round port for each sub

are there better options than what fosgate recommends
I have about 1.8 cf to work with
I want to use a round port
I thought about using a single 3 inch aeroport for the two subs
amp 900 watts CEA rated

will be going behind the rear seat in a tundra crewmax

what would you recommend

I don't think that's enough port for 2 - 8's. A single 4" would be a little small. A single 6" would be better with that air space, but it might require a 90° bend inside the box.

.65 cubes per sub tuned to 33hz is what I would put them in. I looked at this sub and modeled it a couple of weeks ago for a truck build. 1.3 cubes tuned to 33 hz is what I landed on for 2 of them. You can use a 4 inch round port for those. If you fire the subs forward and the port to the passenger side, you should have plenty of length fit the port in the box with no bends.

.65 cubes per sub tuned to 33hz is what I would put them in. I looked at this sub and modeled it a couple of weeks ago for a truck build. 1.3 cubes tuned to 33 hz is what I landed on for 2 of them. You can use a 4 inch round port for those. If you fire the subs forward and the port to the passenger side, you should have plenty of length fit the port in the box with no bends.

I just ran into this problem because I couldn't fire my port to the side. Is a single 4" (12.56" of port) enough for two 8's?

They recommend a 2 inch port. You’d actually have to use four 2 inch ports to equal the port area as a single 4. A 4 inch port is more port area than they recommend by double when using dual subs..

It is for these 8s. Probably not for what you run.

Probably not. We just went back to a slot port. I'm not sure if aeroports are better than slot ports. I can't believe that they only recommend 3.14 sq. In. of port (2" round) for a single 8". That doesn't even sound right to me. We ended up with 22-½" of port 20" long for 2 - 8's.

Attachments

• 20210714_190246.jpg
    20210714_190246.jpg
    343 KB · Views: 82
Probably not. We just went back to a slot port. I'm not sure if aeroports are better than slot ports. I can't believe that they only recommend 3.14 sq. In. of port (2" round) for a single 8". That doesn't even sound right to me. We ended up with 22-½" of port 20" long for 2 - 8's.
Round wouldn’t be good enough by itself for aeroports in high excursion high power systems. They’d need to be flared on the ends.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...