Rockford bd1000watt=SL715"= :)

Participant count
  • Participant list

jaredmonk
10+ year member

helena
Can anyone tell me if the Rockford bd 1000 watt amp power my Solobaric square 15". I am confused on the ohms. Can I run it at 2 ohms and power it? I guess i dont know what ohms is all about. If anyone can help me. post or email me. or icq me at 73070172.

Thanks Jared Walton

Ok---> Firstly a little help for you on the ohms bit. Check out this link.

http://www.eatel.net/~amptech/elecdisc/ohm.htm

Basically ohms are the DC resistance of the speakers Voice Coil.

Typically Car Audio Speakers are rated anywhere between 1ohm and 12ohms. To measure the ohm load of your speakers you will need a multi-meter.

place the multi-meter on the ohms setting (symbol looks like a small set of headphones/upsidown horseshoe) Take the posative lead of the multi-meter and connect it to the posative terminal on the speaker, Take the negative lead of the multi-meter and connect it to the negative terminal of the speaker. You will recieve a read out on the screen of the multi-meter of the speakers ohms or impedence.

Most of the L7's are usually Dual 2 ohms, Dual 4 ohms, Dual 8ohms, meaning that there are 2 voice coils within the speaker. Both voice coils will have matching impedence (ohms). This allows greater flexibility in wiring options (bridging).

Just a brief overview of ohms- again- check out the link above, it contains more in depth information.

AS for your subwoofer and Amplifier choice-

Yes the bd1000.1 will handle 2 ohms fine, it can take the heat even a little more below that ohm load as well. Your sub will be quite happy with that amplifier.

Take it easy,

-zane

ok thanks a lot...that makes me feel a lot better that my amp will work well with that sub...One more quick question i am trouble finding a good amp to go with the solo L7 12"...can you reccommend one....it *****..i have the 15 on back order...i have the 12...and i have the amp for the 15...but i cant find an amp for the 12"...its a *****....but once i get everything it should sound pretty good in the back of my explorer...seeing as it already has nice components....thanks for your help Zane...play on

Well since you havent gotten the 12 yet- by all means use the amp on the 12.

I am not sure if I am following you correctly, but you will be removing the 12 from the system when the 15 arrives right?

I would highly reccomend it that way due to several cancellation issues that would occur if it were not.

However, once you get that 12 in the back of your explorer- better install something to hang on to, that bass should be quite impressive!

Take it easy,

-zane

OK here is the deal....

I have 2 options...

1. I get 1 L715" and power it with the Rockford bd 1000watt amp. Total Price: 245.00=Sub 400.00=amp Box=Unknown(pay for custom i guess)

2. Buy from local store 2 L712" and power it supposedly with the ROckford bd 1500 watt amp. They will take my 1000 watt on a trade in. I dont know how i can power 2 subs with the amp if it is mono. They will give me both the L712's=for 525.00

3. Problem. The subs look used at the store.They say they are not but they look used.

Problem. I have already ordered a Alpine 750 watt amp and the 15L7.

What should i do man. I am at a loss. The people at the store are JL dealers and all they do is bad mouth the Solo 12's. What should be louder? What will sound better? Can you help me out man? I d like to talk to you on icq. Or something. THanks man.

Jared Walton

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.