Rock songs that show off Bass.

The staccato bass in Life in the Fast Lane is definitely improved with a capable subwoofer. I love Eagles stuff I used some of their songs, live and recorded, for testing out my system

i think this has been done before but alot of metallica and ministry wangs.
I'm as big of a Metallica fan as they come, but I disagree. Metallica tracks are fairly weak on the bass. One of the reasons Newsted left is because he felt his creativity as an artist was limited by the band/producers.

slayer's version of innagaddadavida just beats the sh/it outta subs. I used to have to buy a rear view glue kit everytime i played that at full volume in my van. double bass kicks for days!!!

I said this earlier to some degree. I heard when he joined the band (and justice) they recorded his tracks really quiet because he was the new guy and not cliff burton

I said this earlier to some degree. I heard when he joined the band (and justice) they recorded his tracks really quiet because he was the new guy and not cliff burton
yeah. for "black" did they open him up more? i know that's where he gets his one and only song credit on My Friend of Misery

anybody ever notice how high the SQ is on justice compared to all the other albums? it's a quieter cd all around (meaning you have to turn it up a few notches louder than the others) but it really just sounds awesome compared to all of the other albums. not that its better musically , because being a metallica fan i know the debate of which album is best will never be won by any but we can all agree st anger was the worst. LOL

Almost all albums are better musicallly from the 80's/early 90's than now. they use to record with a larger dynamic range. thats why things are quieter.
i know all about the whole compression (radio friendly) thing , i mean it sounds superior to earlier albums and later albums. listen to the double bass kicks on there then listen to some on any other metallica album. its like the bass drum is in the room.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

n2caraudio

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
n2caraudio
California
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date