Rms capabilities with 320 amp mechman and 80 hrs yinlongs lithium

Participant count
  • Participant list
How thick are your power wires? All that current needs a strong path to your amp. I personally have a 320a Iraggi, and my voltage drops low enough to make a 2500w amp cut out, but i think that's largely because I only have a single run of 1/0 going to my amp. I believe that particular amp cuts out at 11v.

Sorry i missed the lithium part.
that's funny I was thinking about going with a 2500 as well the Orion XTR and then I have 1200 watts between two amps for my mids and highs. That would end up being 3700 Watts more on the conservative side as I'm wanting a stable reliable voltage and that should be plenty for a good daily.
it's tempting to go for a 3500 but I don't think there would be that much of a difference between 2500 and 3500 really.

that's funny I was thinking about going with a 2500 as well the Orion XTR and then I have 1200 watts between two amps for my mids and highs. That would end up being 3700 Watts more on the conservative side as I'm wanting a stable reliable voltage and that should be plenty for a good daily.
it's tempting to go for a 3500 but I don't think there would be that much of a difference between 2500 and 3500 really.

Oh yeah forgot I'm going to do a double run of 1/0gauge from alternator to battery and the big four as well all in 1/0
Probably looking at a 350 amp draw Total

You'll be fine on 8k. You want to be around 5c on the LTO cells, 10c burst. 600-800a of average draw is your limit and you'll get 200a at idle on that alt hopefully

You'll be fine on 8k. You want to be around 5c on the LTO cells, 10c burst. 600-800a of average draw is your limit and you'll get 200a at idle on that alt hopefully
Damn 8 k rms???? That's impressive, I was thinking about an Orion XTR 2500 or 4000 at the most along with two 600watt rms 4 channel amps for mids and highs so maybe around 5 k max.
Can't believe how powerful the new lithium technology is it's all about your base electrical!

I saw a guy running two DC5K amps off a HO alternator and 80AH of Yinglong at a show a couple weeks back and his voltage didn't go below like 13.7. Your voltage won't drop more than a tenth or two on a 5K amp with that electrical and I'd say you could comfortably run just about anything rated 10-12K. LTO battery banks are legit.

I saw a guy running two DC5K amps off a HO alternator and 80AH of Yinglong at a show a couple weeks back and his voltage didn't go below like 13.7. Your voltage won't drop more than a tenth or two on a 5K amp with that electrical and I'd say you could comfortably run just about anything rated 10-12K. LTO battery banks are legit.
Wow😮 that's nuts!!! I'm 45 and haven't done a build in 5 years totally impressed w those numbers.
I haven't got the lithium and built the battery yet I might not need 80 hours to run 5k never hurts to have extra haha
Where's the best place to order the yinlongs

Wow😮 that's nuts!!! I'm 45 and haven't done a build in 5 years totally impressed w those numbers.
I haven't got the lithium and built the battery yet I might not need 80 hours to run 5k never hurts to have extra haha
Where's the best place to order the yinlongs
Me and my brother were about the first guys in the USA to buy those cells AFAIK and yeah, they're a game changer. Considering what you'd pay for comparable reserve with AGM I'd say there's no reason not to go big on these, after all they're meant to last 20+ years.

Plenty of companies in China offering them on alibaba. I can't tell you who is reliable with a small minimum order quantity and I can tell you that if you don't buy big quantity you'll pay high on express shipping. Probably best to find someone you trust in USA and pay premium just to get it fast and know they're legit. Some of the USA sellers even pair them with some nice looking bus bars so you don't have to worry about dicking around with buying bar stock and cutting and drilling and all.

Me and my brother were about the first guys in the USA to buy those cells AFAIK and yeah, they're a game changer. Considering what you'd pay for comparable reserve with AGM I'd say there's no reason not to go big on these, after all they're meant to last 20+ years.

Plenty of companies in China offering them on alibaba. I can't tell you who is reliable with a small minimum order quantity and I can tell you that if you don't buy big quantity you'll pay high on express shipping. Probably best to find someone you trust in USA and pay premium just to get it fast and know they're legit. Some of the USA sellers even pair them with some nice looking bus bars so you don't have to worry about dicking around with buying bar stock and cutting and drilling and all.
Ok sounds good I'll hunt some down, not sure about the sellers on Amazon what's the average cost for about 80 hrs worth damn I'm more of a SQ music guy but I like loud too I'm sure a good 5k amp on a sealed setup would sound pretty good on music.
Hard to find an Orion hcca 5K right now

Ok sounds good I'll hunt some down, not sure about the sellers on Amazon what's the average cost for about 80 hrs worth damn I'm more of a SQ music guy but I like loud too I'm sure a good 5k amp on a sealed setup would sound pretty good on music.
Hard to find an Orion hcca 5K right now

I think the dude at the show was into his for around 1300$ and a bit, cells are like mid 60$ a pop from XS power and he paid a few hundred for the bus bars (which were really nice).

Actually, the guy at the show was using 120AH now that I think about it. Still though 80 should support 5K amp nicely. If you're looking to buy Chinese full bridge check out the Sundown SFB series. They make legit power and come with Sundown 2 year warranty support. I would not recommend sealed box. Virtually every modern high power subwoofer is designed to function best in ported alignment... with the possible exception of the new Adire lineup, but I'd check their website.

I think the dude at the show was into his for around 1300$ and a bit, cells are like mid 60$ a pop from XS power and he paid a few hundred for the bus bars (which were really nice).

Actually, the guy at the show was using 120AH now that I think about it. Still though 80 should support 5K amp nicely. If you're looking to buy Chinese full bridge check out the Sundown SFB series. They make legit power and come with Sundown 2 year warranty support. I would not recommend sealed box. Virtually every modern high power subwoofer is designed to function best in ported alignment... with the possible exception of the new Adire lineup, but I'd check their website.

Okay I saw a limitless lithium cyber6k battery for about 800 that looks good and is ready to go.
Yeah ported I'm sure will be a lot more output I can just make box small and slightly overpowered to keep low group delay and a punchy accurate sound.
4-5 k I'll check out the sundowns

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.