Rhudy's Car Audio in Fayetteville NC

Twistid
5,000+ posts

I went to this shop to get my sub + box + amp installed, quoted me @ around 70ish bucks for installation, then when i come in he says its $100 because its "over 1000 watts" or some other b.s.

charged me $25 to install a subwoofer into the box, yea $25 for some .02 cent screws ... they then charged me extra because the fuse that came with the install kit was to small which was ok ... but after paying all these extra "charges" i was already pissed

now here is the GREATEST PART! after i get my car done and go check out what they did i look at the settings on my amp .... GAIN and BASS BOOST is set almost 3/4's of the way up!!! i was like "what in the **** is wrong with these people" i then goto my deck and see that sub output is put to 0, ok mayby they were just ignorant or something with alpine decks? boy was i wrong!

i then called up there and asked them "what do you use to set your gains with, a DMM or o-scope?" the guy said a multimeter had nothing to do with setting the voltage/gain , LOL!

now dont get me wrong they ran the wires like a champ and had everything hooked up but be prepared to have to fork out some serious cash and re-set all your settings after they get through fiddling with them because they have no clue what the hell there doing! overall they get a "C" just because the guys were somewhat nice

kinda funny. Sounds like a typical place. Actually makes the shop I go to look good, and they only screwed the amps into my box with 2 screws each so they could bounce around... pretty dang idiotic

My question is why didn't you do it yourself?? And if you go anywhere in Fayetteville, you're gonna get hosed unless you know someone. It's a military town with a bunch of morons that don't have a clue, so the shops around here get away with shoddy work.

I went to RHUDY"S CAR AUDIO to get some work done. There were some flea market style shops around that were a little cheaper, but I was recommended by 3 guys in my unit to go there. I went there and was pleased with the work they did. The work was very clean and the system I purchased there sounded awesome. I know a little about installing and know that you don't use a multimeter to set the gains on a amp. and an O-Scope is never used to set anything on an amp. Go to any install shop and see if you see one of these on their counter?!? It is quite large with a round screen. These are used to diagnose signal when repairing. The guy TWISTED that wrote obviously doen't know anything about car audio. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

After reading this forum I did a little research on my own and found that they charge $65 for installing an amp with 4 gauge wire not $100. Their normal price for installing an amp is $50, but 4 gauge is much harder to work with when pushing through a firewall especially when pushing the wire through a gromet. Sounds like this guy has inflated the price to make this store look bad. Here is the kicker, this guy wrote he had an Alpine radio and the sub gain was set at 0. His profile says he has a PANASONIC that was in the car when he bought it.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif All he had to do was turn the sub output up on the radio. If the radio has 4 volt preouts you set an amp gain at around 1/4. If the radio doesn't have 4 volt output the gain should be set at 3/4. The gain is nothing more than a signal amplifier. If the signal is strong (4 volts) then there is no need to up the gains past 1/4. If the signal is weak (not 4volt or a cheaper model radio) then the gains need to be increased, but never more than 3/4 usually because this will cause the signal to start clipping. This guy needs to know what he is talking about before he writes about it.

I've never had any work done at Rhudy's, but I did take a set of tweeters in under warranty, and they sent them back for me. They didn't tell my that the wait until they have a large quantity to send back before they do anything, and even after charging me $10 for shipping them back, it took over 2 weeks before they were sent out, and then when they got it back, they lost it somewhere, so I had to wait another 10 days or so to get a working tweeter.

One of their salesman told me that my Soundsplinter sub must be a piece of junk because he's been in the business for 15 years and had never heard of them. I told him they were made by TC Sounds, and he'd never heard of them either.

One of their salesman told me that my Soundsplinter sub must be a piece of junk because he's been in the business for 15 years and had never heard of them. I told him they were made by TC Sounds, and he'd never heard of them either.
lol, what a moron!

I went to RHUDY"S CAR AUDIO to get some work done. There were some flea market style shops around that were a little cheaper, but I was recommended by 3 guys in my unit to go there. I went there and was pleased with the work they did. The work was very clean and the system I purchased there sounded awesome. I know a little about installing and know that you don't use a multimeter to set the gains on a amp. and an O-Scope is never used to set anything on an amp. Go to any install shop and see if you see one of these on their counter?!? It is quite large with a round screen. These are used to diagnose signal when repairing. The guy TWISTED that wrote obviously doen't know anything about car audio. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gifAfter reading this forum I did a little research on my own and found that they charge $65 for installing an amp with 4 gauge wire not $100. Their normal price for installing an amp is $50, but 4 gauge is much harder to work with when pushing through a firewall especially when pushing the wire through a gromet. Sounds like this guy has inflated the price to make this store look bad. Here is the kicker, this guy wrote he had an Alpine radio and the sub gain was set at 0. His profile says he has a PANASONIC that was in the car when he bought it.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif All he had to do was turn the sub output up on the radio. If the radio has 4 volt preouts you set an amp gain at around 1/4. If the radio doesn't have 4 volt output the gain should be set at 3/4. The gain is nothing more than a signal amplifier. If the signal is strong (4 volts) then there is no need to up the gains past 1/4. If the signal is weak (not 4volt or a cheaper model radio) then the gains need to be increased, but never more than 3/4 usually because this will cause the signal to start clipping. This guy needs to know what he is talking about before he writes about it.
please, please, pleeease tell me you are joking.

I know a little about installing and know that you don't use a multimeter to set the gains on a amp. and an O-Scope is never used to set anything on an amp.
No offense, but you are dead wrong there. I'm doing an install this weekend, and if you wanna come up on Monday, I'll show you why you use an O-scope to set gains, and why to use a multimeter in the place of an O-scope if you don't have one. An O-scope is the BEST way to set the gains on an amp if you want to get the max power without clipping, and truly the only way to ensure you are not getting any clipping at all.

I live right outside of St. Pauls, so it's not too far from you.

thx guys, fubmaster if you notice i wrote this review may of 2006, it is now feb of 2007, equipment changes and for your information i even changed cars since then... please dont say i dont know anything about car audio and try to make fun of me when you are seriously mistaken in what you think you know

o ya and stratus, i just got back from bragg pawn, matt said hi ... im deciding on picking up the treo ssi 15" ... and i got to listen to his dd9500 , my jaw hit the floor when he told me it was only on 900 watts...

His hatch is nuts, I'm going to stop by tomorrow and take a video, I've never seen a single 12 flex anything like that, he gets about 2" of movement, and it rocks side to side, which is funny looking. My single 12 was louder on the meter, but his sounds louder to the ear. I like it.

I went to RHUDY"S CAR AUDIO to get some work done. There were some flea market style shops around that were a little cheaper, but I was recommended by 3 guys in my unit to go there. I went there and was pleased with the work they did. The work was very clean and the system I purchased there sounded awesome. I know a little about installing and know that you don't use a multimeter to set the gains on a amp. and an O-Scope is never used to set anything on an amp. Go to any install shop and see if you see one of these on their counter?!? It is quite large with a round screen. These are used to diagnose signal when repairing. The guy TWISTED that wrote obviously doen't know anything about car audio. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gifAfter reading this forum I did a little research on my own and found that they charge $65 for installing an amp with 4 gauge wire not $100. Their normal price for installing an amp is $50, but 4 gauge is much harder to work with when pushing through a firewall especially when pushing the wire through a gromet. Sounds like this guy has inflated the price to make this store look bad. Here is the kicker, this guy wrote he had an Alpine radio and the sub gain was set at 0. His profile says he has a PANASONIC that was in the car when he bought it.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif All he had to do was turn the sub output up on the radio. If the radio has 4 volt preouts you set an amp gain at around 1/4. If the radio doesn't have 4 volt output the gain should be set at 3/4. The gain is nothing more than a signal amplifier. If the signal is strong (4 volts) then there is no need to up the gains past 1/4. If the signal is weak (not 4volt or a cheaper model radio) then the gains need to be increased, but never more than 3/4 usually because this will cause the signal to start clipping. This guy needs to know what he is talking about before he writes about it.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rotflol.gif.b453361716769b8110ddefc85ff03cd2.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hilarious.gif.02a037aad04aa96f19982b298a3d70a8.gif :hilariou: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hilarious.gif.02a037aad04aa96f19982b298a3d70a8.gif OMFG You are kidding right?? All the lines in bold have to be a joke. If not, then you should heed your own advice on the last line.

i have come to the conclusion fubmaster works at rhudys and like them he knows nothing at all

and yea i'll come by this weekend //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif i just installed my T10002 on my 6.5's ... all i can say is WOW ... worlds better than my old kicker200.2

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...