Replacing head unit in 2016 Ram 1500.

Imperiumwolf

CarAudio.com Newbie
Kansas
I am looking at replacing the factory stereo in my 2016 Ram 1500. It has the base model radio, I believe it's called 3.0. There is no touch screen or Alpine system and the only steering wheel controls are for basic things like checking information, changing the speedometer, gas mileage, etc.

I don't want anything fancy. All I'm really looking for is bluetooth, a volume knob and sub output. I hate touchscreens. I'm looking at something like a single DIN Alpine, Pioneer, or Kenwood as I prefer the look of single DIN radios.

Crutchfield offers two wiring harness options: the PAC RP4-CH21 or the Metra AXDI-CH5.

Which of these two would be the better choice, or does it matter?

Couldn't say which is preferable, ask Crutchfield, they have a cheat setup that is helpful for that info. Many a single HU's available. If you;re like me, I play CD's still something to consider as there are a lot of single DIN Pioneer super tuners available on ebay that foot the bill.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...