Replacing a/d/s 345is tweeters but keeping mid bass drivers

Participant count
  • Participant list

shleppy

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a 346is (passive crossover/tweeters-woofers) that I would like to replace the tweeters (one tweeter isn't matching the other - left has lower output and less range). I like the 5.25 woofers and would prefer to keep them. Does anyone have a recommendation to replace the tweeters? something close to the original?
Thanks

I have a 346is (passive crossover/tweeters-woofers) that I would like to replace the tweeters (one tweeter isn't matching the other - left has lower output and less range). I like the 5.25 woofers and would prefer to keep them. Does anyone have a recommendation to replace the tweeters? something close to the original?
Thanks
Look up user ads-speakers in eBay. The owner Richard So, recones a/d/s 6.5s with original parts. He has original tweeters for sale. He may still have parts for tweeter recones.

When ever you wish to replace component drivers, mainly tweeters, try to stick with the same component type, such as soft dome, titanium and also know the crossover point on your component sets so with those details, you may be able to match the specs and the speaker type to get a similar result to the original drivers. Search on-line for suppliers and then try to locate one locally for the best deal including postage.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...