Removing Clarion ARX6570Rz (with rear-body mounted CD changer) to install a Chinese-made RK538 unit.

Participant count
  • Participant list

RayArdia

CarAudio.com Newbie
Looks straightforward, both radios have ISO sockets, and I have wiring diagram for car, a 1999 Seat Alhambra LHD. What I don't have is the installation diagram for the Clarion system.
My question is, can I just assume that the wiring on the plugs in-car will correspond with the sockets on the new unit. I can provide more details if someone would be so kind as to offer some help, don't want to mess things up!
Note:- the Clarion has a warning sticker on case - "To install your car stereo in 1998 and later Volkswagen (My Seat Alhambra is a VW Sharan rebadged) or Audi models read through the instructions in the Installation Manual (which I never had) carefully before installation and wiring"
As well as the 2x ISO connections and the usual car antenna plug, there is a cable with 2 Red + 2 White adio socket, only one White apparently used ( maybe to connect the CD changer?) I haven't dug the changer out of rear RH side locker yet.
In addition the Clarion has a small 13 pin socket about 10-12 mm square which I assume also connects to the CD changer?

I'd be grateful for any input.

Afternote, 13 pin does connect to CD changer.
Ida t to remove the changer but cannot eject the cartridge and because unit is mounted vertically I can't get at any fixings at the bottom. Any suggestions - don't want to apply brute force if I can help it.

Attachments

• 15720872984861589427811.jpg
    15720872984861589427811.jpg
    544.7 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
Looks straightforward, both radios have ISO sockets, and I have wiring diagram for car, a 1999 Seat Alhambra LHD. What I don't have is the installation diagram for the Clarion system.
My question is, can I just assume that the wiring on the plugs in-car will correspond with the sockets on the new unit. I can provide more details if someone would be so kind as to offer some help, don't want to mess things up!
Note:- the Clarion has a warning sticker on case - "To install your car stereo in 1998 and later Volkswagen (My Seat Alhambra is a VW Sharan rebadged) or Audi models read through the instructions in the Installation Manual (which I never had) carefully before installation and wiring"
As well as the 2x ISO connections and the usual car antenna plug, there is a cable with 2 Red + 2 White adio socket, only one White apparently used ( maybe to connect the CD changer?) I haven't dug the changer out of rear RH side locker yet.
In addition the Clarion has a small 13 pin socket about 10-12 mm square which I assume also connects to the CD changer?

I'd be grateful for any input.
After our. The square 13 pin socket does connect the CD changer.
I want to remove the changer but although the Eject makes a noise, as if trying to eject the 6 CD unit, it can't be removed and I guess the securing screws are at the bottom (btw the changer stands vertically in rear RH storage compartment)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.