Reg Cab F150 JL W3V3 Ported box tuning recommendation.

yeah 45's not ports, oops.

I admitted to screwing up the orientation of the 45's. It was my first box build ever. I also used two 3/4" port braces instead of one 1-1/2" (couldn't find one) brace like was designed. Shredder2 also designed it with a 1"mdf top ( I asked him to) and a 3/4" birch bottom. I switched it to a 3/4" birch top and 1" mdf bottom because I wanted the box to look better. So, the box was built different, but never altered the cubic feet.

how's it sound?

It sounds incredible to me. I've never had bass like this in a vehicle. Absolutely punishing in a small vehicle like my bug. The American Bass VFL 6.5" midbass in the doors are just what I wanted up front. The Pioneer Pro 6.5's on the rear deck are incredibly loud on just the Taramps DS250X2 ($70). I just received my Orion XTR 950 tweeters for the doors, but haven't installed them yet. I fried the Pioneer Pro tweeters during install.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.