REEEEEE S.O.S wire / install help

Participant count
  • Participants list

Ali2627

Hello, cool people on the forums! I have a 2015 Acura ilx, my 100 annoying questions start now! :)

Q-1
So, my car has a OEM sub and i want to install my aftermarket Rockville sub, i didn't know this but apparently, according to the reviews it features a built-in Line converter, but i already have a line converter..... so would use "2" line converts be good or bad? i see it as a good thing as the built in one would barely do any work and just fine tune it even more! (would sub line be a LOW or HIGH input? i say low correct?)

Q-2
how can i adjust the phase and gain etc? ive seen a YouTuber use a app that does that but some help would be nice :D have u tried that? no idea what these mean either

My plan!!!!!!!!!!! correct any mistakes u see!!!!!
So, disconnect the oem sub and use a t connector to take into the oem sub wire and feed it raw into my sub which claims to have line converter already. the power is from battery and ground ill just use 3 screws and tap into the trunk floor. i don't own a drill so a hand screwdriver will be my tool!

MY SUB LINK BELOW!!!!!!!
Rockford Fosgate P300-10 Punch Single 10" 300 Watt Amplified Subwoofer

You may have factory amp equalization in that high tech ride:). Can you bypass the loc on the Rockville unit? You should consider an loc that has de-eq
Oh wow you make a good point! The oem sub may have an amp I’ll ask that on the Acura forums to confirm. And yes the Rockville sub has a non line converter line it’s RCA female.

The in line converter I have is linked below check it out I’m not sure if it can do what ur saying.

Your sub doesn’t run on nothing. It’s likely just and single multichannel amp to run everything. going pre amp might be a major problem because it may not be a complete signal. This means the wire(s) that you tap into post factory amp for signal to connect the loc are factory equalized. If it’s not corrected your output may be low and shittay.

Hello, cool people on the forums! I have a 2015 Acura ilx, my 100 annoying questions start now! :)

Q-1
So, my car has a OEM sub and i want to install my aftermarket Rockville sub, i didn't know this but apparently, according to the reviews it features a built-in Line converter, but i already have a line converter..... so would use "2" line converts be good or bad? i see it as a good thing as the built in one would barely do any work and just fine tune it even more! (would sub line be a LOW or HIGH input? i say low correct?)

Q-2
how can i adjust the phase and gain etc? ive seen a YouTuber use a app that does that but some help would be nice :D have u tried that? no idea what these mean either

My plan!!!!!!!!!!! correct any mistakes u see!!!!!
So, disconnect the oem sub and use a t connector to take into the oem sub wire and feed it raw into my sub which claims to have line converter already. the power is from battery and ground ill just use 3 screws and tap into the trunk floor. i don't own a drill so a hand screwdriver will be my tool!

MY SUB LINK BELOW!!!!!!!
Rockford Fosgate P300-10 Punch Single 10" 300 Watt Amplified Subwoofer
So out of curiosity what is it Rockville or Rockford? Just wondering if you linked the right product ? There's a quality differences between the two brands

Your sub doesn’t run on nothing. It’s likely just and single multichannel amp to run everything. going pre amp might be a major problem because it may not be a complete signal. This means the wire(s) that you tap into post factory amp for signal to connect the loc are factory equalized. If it’s not corrected your output may be low and shittay.

I see, so is there any difference in sound quality if I buy that instead of just using my old line RCA converter box that taps into 1 of the rear doors? I could do that and just unplug my oem sub or maybe even leave it in and run 2 subs haha

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO
i found this long-ass post on the Acura forums. I believe he has the same sub as me but i got a 10 inch he had a 12 inch according to his post they just.

" I was concerned that upgrading the stock 8" would provide the depth of bass I was looking for, and so paid to have a powered 12" subwoofer installed in the trunk (Rockford Fosgate P300, 300 watts amp). Suppose I should have tried a DIY, since the techs just tapped into the stock sub speaker wire while adding the power line! "

For those with the stock subwoofer, I disconnected the connection going into the sub and tapped the LOC into the connection.

Run the speaker wires from your amp to the Kicker subwoofer.

Run the RCA cables from the Amp to the LOC

Set your cross overs on the amp and turn on LPF and you are done."

Last edited:
I see, so is there any difference in sound quality if I buy that instead of just using my old line RCA converter box that taps into 1 of the rear doors? I could do that and just unplug my oem sub or maybe even leave it in and run 2 subs haha
yes! You need to deequalize your signal For your subs man. Your factory amp channel powering the subs is likely the easiest and cleanest way to tap in.You’ve got factory eq in all your Factory
Amp channels. Why would you split a signal vs using a dedicated one?

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO
i found this long-ass post on the Acura forums. I believe he has the same sub as me but i got a 10 inch he had a 12 inch according to his post they just.

" I was concerned that upgrading the stock 8" would provide the depth of bass I was looking for, and so paid to have a powered 12" subwoofer installed in the trunk (Rockford Fosgate P300, 300 watts amp). Suppose I should have tried a DIY, since the techs just tapped into the stock sub speaker wire while adding the power line! "

For those with the stock subwoofer, I disconnected the connection going into the sub and tapped the LOC into the connection.

Run the speaker wires from your amp to the Kicker subwoofer.

Run the RCA cables from the Amp to the LOC

Set your cross overs on the amp and turn on LPF and you are done."
Yep that’s because of the other side of that subwoofer wire is the amp...with a sub channel input. De-eq will allow you to crank it without getting excessive roll off and distortion

Yep that’s because of the other side of that subwoofer wire is the amp...with a sub channel input. De-eq will allow you to crank it without getting excessive roll off and distortion

Aright my final research so i may have a 50/50 shot at just using an in-line converter connected (11$ ebay one) to the oem sub-wire according to someone who did it for a 2019 model i have 2015 but same concept. It's not gonna like blow up my sub or burn my car to the floor right? it just will sound bad when cracked high?

And if it does sound bad then ill order the lc2i and just connect it to the oem sub-wire.

here is a video of what i got my info from starts 2:59

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.