Reducer or run new power and ground

Just buy the adapters like the ones below.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JMVLJ74/?tag=caraudiocom-20

Amazon has a few options like that including off-set ones you can get for around 16-20 bucks.
Thank u that is what i was thinking but im some what still new too building and this will be my best build yet its all jl audio so i want too do it properly and i was not sure if that would be too much power running thew too my amp.Thank u for ur help i have looked all over and it was holding up my install bc i wanted too be sure it was done right thank u so much

Bigger power and ground wire using a reducer will actually allow your amplifier to get the power it needs.
Thank u that is what i was thinking but im some what still new too building and this will be my best build yet its all jl audio so i want too do it properly and i was not sure if that would be too much power running thew too my amp.Thank u for ur help i have looked all over and it was holding up my install bc i wanted too be sure it was done right thank u so much

Keep the larger wire and use reducers. It won't send any more power than it would with 4g. In the circuit, the amp is not pushing the power it can, the speakers are the load, and they are drawing(/pulling) what they need. The larger wire just reduces the resistance.

You can always use bigger wire than recommended, most people don't because it's costs a little more, and it takes up more physical space, (specifically when you are going through a firewall or some tight area). If you already have it, then NO reason to not use it or downgrade.

Last edited:
I would recommend placing Heat shrink at the Min. on the Power wire on the exposed portion of that reducer so its not exposed to a future short out. Thats 12+v exposed right there. Ground that,and it may weld itself to the Amp chassis, and even blow the amplifier supply circuit.

I know that even though a amp only has 4awg inputs.it does make a difference running big cable from battery and split close to amp.should be standard coming from batt, 1 or 0 gauge.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...