Recommendations

Slo_Ride

Regulator
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
Are you drinking? Possible two very shallow 12's. Even then it would be hard to build the box with enough airspace.
Just because you can't doesn't mean i can't. I put four 8"s behind the seats of an MR2 with half the space. Your loser *** trips me out. Dueces.

audioholic

not a moderator
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Aug 31, 2003
Parts Unknown
I havent been around much for many years. Has anyone here seen this blowhard post any substantive accounts of his many claims? Im coming to the conclusion that the height of his life was a Totoya MR2 with four cheap 8's. Feels like he sports a mullet and pics of his embarrassing 'yota in his wallet to impress the ladies. Just curious.

Last edited:

Bobbytwonames

Trigger Man!
5,000+ posts
Aug 28, 2018
Vegas
I havent been around much for many years. Has anyone here seen this blowhard post any substantive accounts of his many claims? Just curious. lol
He's lost his mind with the 2 - 12's post. Unless he's talking about two shallow azz 12's in a sealed box but they wouldn't have much output. He's probably drunk on wine and eating Mt. Olive dill pickle slices.

deez283

Senior VIP Member
10+ year member
Apr 29, 2009
Aberdeen, WA
He's lost his mind with the 2 - 12's post. Unless he's talking about two shallow azz 12's in a sealed box but they wouldn't have much output. He's probably drunk on wine and eating Mt. Olive dill pickle slices.

Maybe he's like my homeboy Joe and only 5' 7" then yes you could fit some 12's back there sealed.. seen it done in the 1990's with some profile 12's with a gator on the dust cap..

• Haha
Reactions: Slo_Ride

Bobbytwonames

Trigger Man!
5,000+ posts
Aug 28, 2018
Vegas
Maybe he's like my homeboy Joe and only 5' 7" then yes you could fit some 12's back there sealed.. seen it done in the 1990's with some profile 12's with a gator on the dust cap..
I've heard them both. 4 - 6-½'s (ported) in a standard cab against the same as 2 - 12" shallow mounts in a sealed box. The 4 - 6-½" sound way better.

Ridinhi

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Aug 8, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
I've heard them both. 4 - 6-½'s (ported) in a standard cab against the same as 2 - 12" shallow mounts in a sealed box. The 4 - 6-½" sound way better.
I’m currently running four Sundown sa6.5’s on 1200 watts. Subs facing foward in center cincole, port firing to passenger side wall. If I remove my amps off wall behind passenger seat, I may can make a box with subs behind seat. I picked up four of the Audio Legion 6.5’s. Think it will be worth the switch?

Buck

[email protected]
Pro Seller
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
Orlando Area, FL
Buck, I believe the previous owner had a 8W0 in it. Should I go back with that, or are there comparable speakers that are cheaper now.
There's probably more options for subs now than there was ever in car audio history. If you need help, then you should post up your dimensions of what you size box can fit, and then we can see what sub could realistically fit.

Bobbytwonames

Trigger Man!
5,000+ posts
Aug 28, 2018
Vegas
I’m currently running four Sundown sa6.5’s on 1200 watts. Subs facing foward in center cincole, port firing to passenger side wall. If I remove my amps off wall behind passenger seat, I may can make a box with subs behind seat. I picked up four of the Audio Legion 6.5’s. Think it will be worth the switch?
Will the Sundowns fit behind the seat? I don't think doing all that work would be worth a very small gain. Not unless you put them on a SIA1750.

Slo_Ride

Regulator
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
Are you drinking? Possible two very shallow 12's. Even then it would be hard to build the box with enough airspace.
Bruh. Yes you can fit 12's. It's a 93 Chevy. I've put two 12"s in em, even three 10"s. Ive put 10"s in a reg cab ranger. Just because y'all can't doesn't mean I can't.

Slo_Ride

Regulator
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
Nope

Slo_Ride

Regulator
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
I havent been around much for many years. Has anyone here seen this blowhard post any substantive accounts of his many claims? Im coming to the conclusion that the height of his life was a Totoya MR2 with four cheap 8's. Feels like he sports a mullet and pics of his embarrassing 'yota in his wallet to impress the ladies. Just curious.
Lol, you mad bro?

Bobbytwonames

Trigger Man!
5,000+ posts
Aug 28, 2018
Vegas
Bruh. Yes you can fit 12's. It's a 93 Chevy. I've put two 12"s in em, even three 10"s. Ive put 10"s in a reg cab ranger. Just because y'all can't doesn't mean I can't.
Please explain how. I had a regular cab Ranger as well and there isn't any room in those either. Unless you're 4 feet tall and move the seat all the way forward. Don't just say, "I can and you can't". That's chicken shitt to do that.

Slo_Ride

Regulator
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA

Slo_Ride

Regulator
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
Please explain how. I had a regular cab Ranger as well and there isn't any room in those either. Unless you're 4 feet tall and move the seat all the way forward. Don't just say, "I can and you can't". That's chicken shitt to do that.
You build a box to use every inch of space available. Even run external ports if necessary. Obviously not running super massive subs. Do you have to move the seat up a little, yes but not all the way or anything. Not like you are sitting against the steering wheel. I'm not gonna sit here and argue about this. It's not hard to do and there is room. Like I've stated, I built a box for four eights, firing up, port to pass side. Those cars are TINY. Box was about two and a half cubes. Rangers are bigger than MR2s, fullsize Chevys are bigger than Rangers... No reason for me to keep repeating what I already posted.

deez283

Senior VIP Member
10+ year member
Apr 29, 2009
Aberdeen, WA
You build a box to use every inch of space available. Even run external ports if necessary. Obviously not running super massive subs. Do you have to move the seat up a little, yes but not all the way or anything. Not like you are sitting against the steering wheel. I'm not gonna sit here and argue about this. It's not hard to do and there is room. Like I've stated, I built a box for four eights, firing up, port to pass side. Those cars are TINY. Box was about two and a half cubes. Rangers are bigger than MR2s, fullsize Chevys are bigger than Rangers... No reason for me to keep repeating what I already posted.
The Dayton 15" HO has a 7" mounting depth and works in 1.5 sealed. wonder how this would compare to a pair of 6.5" subs ported behind the seat.. only problem is the dayton is a single 4 ohm sub so one would need the right amp..

Iirc The old school Kicker round solo 15" Needed 1.25 per sub and a shallower mounting depth than the dayton.. I'd be willing to bet someone out there managed to stuff a pair of these behind the seat in a full size chevy back in the day..

Bobbytwonames

Trigger Man!
5,000+ posts
Aug 28, 2018
Vegas
I had a Ranger and had to move the passenger seat forward to fit one AB XD8 behind the seat.

Screenshot_20211026-112719_Gallery.jpg

Bobbytwonames

Trigger Man!
5,000+ posts
Aug 28, 2018
Vegas
The Dayton 15" HO has a 7" mounting depth and works in 1.5 sealed. wonder how this would compare to a pair of 6.5" subs ported behind the seat.. only problem is the dayton is a single 4 ohm sub so one would need the right amp..

Iirc The old school Kicker round solo 15" Needed 1.25 per sub and a shallower mounting depth than the dayton.. I'd be willing to bet someone out there managed to stuff a pair of these behind the seat in a full size chevy back in the day..
Try to get 7" of mounting depth in a standard cab. The Dodge standard probably has 7" of mounting depth, but I doubt that any other standard cabs do. The box in my Dodge standard cab is 3.9 cubes net behind the seat (8's). The seats are also all the way back. The box is huge.

20210201_172007.jpg
20210201_220000.jpg

deez283

Senior VIP Member
10+ year member
Apr 29, 2009
Aberdeen, WA
Idk bruh all we can do is speculate at this point..

Even though you "doubt" there is enough room, we will not know till we have accurate measurements..

I have a pair of 12's sitting here that take .98 each ported with a 5.5" mounting depth seems these would be easy to get behind a seat of a full size chev.

Reactions: audiobaun

Bobbytwonames

Trigger Man!
5,000+ posts
Aug 28, 2018
Vegas
Idk bruh all we can do is speculate at this point..

Even though you "doubt" there is enough room, we will not know till we have accurate measurements..

I have a pair of 12's sitting here that take .98 each ported with a 5.5" mounting depth seems these would be easy to get behind a seat of a full size chev.
So your box would need to be 8 - 8-½" at the bottom of the box. That's my guess anyway.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Latest posts

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds