Recommendations on car alarm

2023 LTZ

CarAudio.com Newbie
Sep 26, 2022
Hello enthusiasts
I’ve read about ideas for placement of alarm horns, modules, modifications to hood release but is there an alarm system that stands out to y’all as the best? Are there features that one would want such as glass breakage sensor or features that may be best redundant or ones that are useless? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Jimi77

CarAudio.com VIP
Sep 17, 2017
I use the oem/manufacturers alarm. They're plug and play and work with existing fob/remote.

Bobbytwonames

Trigger Man!
5,000+ posts
Aug 28, 2018
I didn't realize stealing stereo equipment was still a thing. I thought they just steal your whole car these days.

• Love
Reactions: audiobaun

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Sep 10, 2009
I've been using Prestige for ages, the one in my Jeep now came out of my previous Jeep and has to be going on 12 years old now. Dunno if they still even make that brand, but really they're all pretty much the same, it's just a bunch of switches. What will make it effective or not is the install and accessories you add.

I'd suggest if you're going through the trouble of installing one might as well get one with built in remote start and if you have specific concerns post them up and you might get some clever suggestions on how to get there.

Create an account or login to post

You must be a member in order to post a message

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.