Number of subs preferred: 1

Size preferred (if configuration allows): 12

Budget:300

Power to be used (which amp(s), include which resistance): 600W @ 2ohm

Space available (take measurements, do not guess): 4cf

Goals: nice SQ and kick drum impact

Listening habits: 80% rock / 20% everything else

Preferred brands/subs/whatever: doesn't matter

I would like to port if it gets me lower frequency than sealed. Going in the trunk of a Hyundai Sonata.

Thanks all.

Do you have an amp already? $300 is a bit higher than a budget sub. Could you displace money budget on sub to budget on amp?

based on your ask by watts

Do you have an amp already? $300 is a bit higher than a budget sub. Could you displace money budget on sub to budget on amp?

Looking to spend around $600 - 700 max on sub and amp. But the amp needs to be 5-channel. I don't have the room for 2 amps. Was looking at an Kenwood Excelon 4x50 + 1x600. I am open to more suggestions on both. I keep hearing decent things about American Bass. I have been out of car audio for about 6-7 years, so the name means nothing to me.

Looking to spend around $600 - 700 max on sub and amp. But the amp needs to be 5-channel. I don't have the room for 2 amps. Was looking at an Kenwood Excelon 4x50 + 1x600. I am open to more suggestions on both. I keep hearing decent things about American Bass. I have been out of car audio for about 6-7 years, so the name means nothing to me.
How much physical space do you have? I ask becuase take a look at these examples below:

5.433 x 1.929 x 4.763 inches

8.98" x 2.76" x 6.22"

if you run your wiring smart the footprint of these types of amp may actually be smaller than a five channel

Is that brand decent? I suppose I could go separates. 1200W @ 1ohm could be beneficial with it being so small. But almost seems too good to be true.

Is that brand decent? I suppose I could go separates. 1200W @ 1ohm could be beneficial with it being so small. But almost seems too good to be true.
It’s a good brand bro, it’s full bridge “Brazilian” technology. Make sure you have a good agm up front, Do your big 3, use nice and thick power wire for your sub amp (1/0 to 4 guage reducer ends) and make sure your voltage is strong and all will be good. That power opens up the door to more boom and some solid budget options. There’s an md1800.1 that is like 2” longer but Same width and thickness for like 20$ more that will give serious boom.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.