Rear speakers keekp blowing or cutting out.

Participant count
  • Participants list
Got it all figured out just had a little too much voltage going to the speakers . They sound a lot better now and they dont cut out after 3o min of playing time. My head unit is set at to 50 out of 63. And my voltages are now correct. Now I just need to exchange this 3k rms amp because my subs are asking for more power :/. Looking to get a 5k now instead of a 3k.
3k is a quite a bit of rms wattage. Have you confirmed that your amp is near the clipping point? If it is then I'd say you probably want to focus on your enclosure before you worry about your amp at this point. Maybe it's a difference in preference, I like bass a lot but I'd call 3k in a ported enclosure quite loud except for the very low end. You can use that same chart I linked earlier, go to 50 volume, disconnect the subwoofers and play a variety of tones from super low to 100hz, whichever is the highest adjust the gain until that tone reaches the voltage that corresponds to 3k and your impedance configuration.

3k is a quite a bit of rms wattage. Have you confirmed that your amp is near the clipping point? If it is then I'd say you probably want to focus on your enclosure before you worry about your amp at this point. Maybe it's a difference in preference, I like bass a lot but I'd call 3k in a ported enclosure quite loud except for the very low end. You can use that same chart I linked earlier, go to 50 volume, disconnect the subwoofers and play a variety of tones from super low to 100hz, whichever is the highest adjust the gain until that tone reaches the voltage that corresponds to 3k and your impedance configuration.
I have the electrical to back it up. But with box rise my subs are asking for more imo.. I'm running a. brand x 350 amp alt. With voltage regulator holding 14.8 volts constantly unless heavy bass hits. I have a plat agm under the hood with a northstar agm 31 pro with 6 spot terminals on it in the trunk. All ofc wiring. I have the sub level set at 80 hz flat on every eq setting and tuned the amp to about 56 or so volts on a 40 hz sine wave. Clipping light doesnt come on untill I turn volume to about 52 and set the sub level at -4, it goes from-24 to +6. My box is about 6 cubes without displacement tuned to 33 htz. Reason I'm thinking about going higher rms than 3k is because these subs are barely getting tickled 2 american bass xr 12's at 1 ohm. I want to compensate for box rise with a higher wattage amp that way I dont have to turn my amp up to achieve the 3k watts. I like some overhead and I know these subs can take s little more than what I'm giving them. If that makes sense?

I have the electrical to back it up. But with box rise my subs are asking for more imo.. I'm running a. brand x 350 amp alt. With voltage regulator holding 14.8 volts constantly unless heavy bass hits. I have a plat agm under the hood with a northstar agm 31 pro with 6 spot terminals on it in the trunk. All ofc wiring. I have the sub level set at 80 hz flat on every eq setting and tuned the amp to about 56 or so volts on a 40 hz sine wave. Clipping light doesnt come on untill I turn volume to about 52 and set the sub level at -4, it goes from-24 to +6. My box is about 6 cubes without displacement tuned to 33 htz. Reason I'm thinking about going higher rms than 3k is because these subs are barely getting tickled 2 american bass xr 12's at 1 ohm. I want to compensate for box rise with a higher wattage amp that way I dont have to turn my amp up to achieve the 3k watts. I like some overhead and I know these subs can take s little more than what I'm giving them. If that makes sense?
Makes sense, I thought it was a low volume thing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.