Rear deck 6x9s

Participant count
  • Participant list

ender2664

CarAudio.com Recruit
I'm getting some rattling in my car deck and since it takes forever to access the speakers I figure I should put new ones back there while I'm addressing the rattle.
Current setup:
Kicker KSS690 6x9-components front doors
KICKER 47KSC6504 6.5 Inch sail panel
REF-9632IX 6x9- rear deck
Rockford fosgate 500x1d (2 10s)
Rockford Fosgate Prime R2-2X10
AudioControl LC-6.1200

Would the Morel Maximo 69C 6x9-Inch Coaxial Speakers be a good upgrade from the current REF-9632IX

Last edited:
Personally if I was gonna upgrade speakers...I'd either go whole hog or start upfront...you'd notice the difference more imo...

Personally if I was gonna upgrade speakers...I'd either go whole hog or start upfront...you'd notice the difference more

i'm going to upgrade to the Morel Tempo Ultra 692 MKII 6" x 9" 2-Way Components in the front eventually, but I can take the door panels off easy.

Last edited:
I Highly recommend you to seal off/cover the rear deck speakers from the subwoofer lower frequencies and more so the pressure /air movement the subs produce as they will push the rear deck speaker cones to beyond max and destroy them. about 20+ years ago I kept having to replace mine to find that out before the internet was around for a forum to get information on. Cover those rear deck speakers up or keep replacing them every month or two. 1/4' plywood or some kind of plastic casing like ABS that can be easily cut, form screwed together and silicone all gaps/seal it off and L brackets work just fine

I Highly recommend you to seal off/cover the rear deck speakers from the subwoofer lower frequencies and more so the pressure /air movement the subs produce as they will push the rear deck speaker cones to beyond max and destroy them. about 20+ years ago I kept having to replace mine to find that out before the internet was around for a forum to get information on. Cover those rear deck speakers up or keep replacing them every month or two. 1/4' plywood or some kind of plastic casing like ABS that can be easily cut, form screwed together and silicone all gaps/seal it off and L brackets work just fine
After my second set of 6x9s, I found the issue

Mine are sealed. I don't think the rattling has anything to do with the speakers. I just figure while I'm back there it is a good time to upgrade.

Last edited:
Mine are sealed. I don't think the rattling has anything to do with the speakers. I just figure while I'm back there it is a good time to upgrade.
Gotcha. Good deal they are sealed off man. It will save them. No telling whats rattling around back there. Its always something in the rear trunk area with a pair of subs on 600-2k. One day you think you have it tolerable, and the next week you have yet another culprit to deal with. LOL

Gotcha. Good deal they are sealed off man. It will save them. No telling whats rattling around back there. Its always something in the rear trunk area with a pair of subs on 600-2k. One day you think you have it tolerable, and the next week you have yet another culprit to deal with. LOL
There is always something to do :)

Last edited:
Any thoughts on the question I asked?

I don't think there'd be much difference honestly...looks your current 6x9 are 3ohm so they'd get a little more power from your amp over those morels...

Any thoughts on the question I asked?
It could possibly be the back deck itself vibrating from the air pressure created from the subs. I had a rear deck that did that in an 07 accord as the rear deck was basicly cardbord shaped and covered with carpeting. Rattled from sub woofer vibrations and air pressure from the trunk.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...