Ready to move on and need help

los33

Car Audio G
Houston, TX
Well it seems after just a month im ready to move on //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.

But being new to car audio im not to familiar with every brand and specs towards a good system.

My current todo list is:

--Big 3 Upgrade

--h/o alt (prob not needed yet)

--new battery (currently stock cheap batt)

My current system:

-- 1 orion hcca 12d sub (99 version)

-- 4 gauge kit

-- pioneer mosfet 50x4 deh-150mp (not to sure but its old and only does 2v rca)

-- Planet Audio ac5000.1d (came from a pram2000d and just was trying to max my sub)

I understand just 1 12 will not give me immense power nor is any sub better then anyother if it has the correct box.

My hcca has a factory spec made ported box tuned at 33hz.

I need ideas for sub(s) that will really give me that hard to breathe feeling or really tear my truck apart. I could get a single dd z, but whats the fun when itll take me more time to gather the money for the amp and wiring it self not even including a box.

If a suggested setup is good and under 1k peferred but can go 2k then it will be purchased //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif.

I drive a 2000 gmc sierra 1500 slt 3 doors and am willing to take half the back seat out .

I would really appreciate the help. Seems everyone here on every post is very fond of the every sub is good with the right enclosure, but we all know each sub has a stronger sub above it except for the dd z series.

No such thing as a be all end all sub. I doubt the planet audio does rated, but it's probably still 3k I'd lmagine. That's a decent amount of power. You could look into Tantric SHD's AQ HDC 4's, SSA Evils, and I'm sure there are plenty of subs in the classifieds.. Sounds like from you audible description you want something loud more than something low.. So mid to large sized box tuned in the mid 30's should be fine for you, but I wouldn't tune under 35hz for most of the subs mentioned for you goals.. I'd look into a tantric SHD, if it were for me.

No such thing as a be all end all sub. I doubt the planet audio does rated, but it's probably still 3k I'd lmagine. That's a decent amount of power. You could look into Tantric SHD's AQ HDC 4's, SSA Evils, and I'm sure there are plenty of subs in the classifieds.. Sounds like from you audible description you want something loud more than something low.. So mid to large sized box tuned in the mid 30's should be fine for you, but I wouldn't tune under 35hz for most of the subs mentioned for you goals.. I'd look into a tantric SHD, if it were for me.
Planet audio only does 2500 watts its no where near 5000, but i got it for 30$.

Also to really take a breathe away the subs need to be low and loud to really hit you. My current sub is low just not as loud as i want it..

Ive seen subs hit so well you feel your back going numb a bit.

Planet audio only does 2500 watts....
Not. Even. Close.

The amp's fuse rating is 160A, and the manual says to use 4ga wire. Amps nearing 2000 watts typically require 1/0ga by the manufacturer.

This amp at 1 ohm of resistance would be lucky to put out 1500 watts rms clean. Still plenty of power, but not 2500.......

Planet audio only does 2500 watts its no where near 5000, but i got it for 30$.
Also to really take a breathe away the subs need to be low and loud to really hit you. My current sub is low just not as loud as i want it..

Ive seen subs hit so well you feel your back going numb a bit.
Yeah backs going numb and losing your breathe has nothing to do with low.. It has to do with loud, between 40-60hz in most cases. Low is usually in the mid to low 30's or even 20's for most people nd that will not make it difficult to breathe, or make you numb, mostly just flaps your clothes around and clogs your ears a bit.

Yeah backs going numb and losing your breathe has nothing to do with low.. It has to do with loud, between 40-60hz in most cases. Low is usually in the mid to low 30's or even 20's for most people nd that will not make it difficult to breathe, or make you numb, mostly just flaps your clothes around and clogs your ears a bit.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif ill take your word for it as i have very little experience in this.

I know L7 can do what i want but i dont want a throw away even thi this will be a daily.

So if thats the case i need to find subs in the louder range a nd not so much low?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif ill take your word for it as i have very little experience in this.
I know L7 can do what i want but i dont want a throw away even thi this will be a daily.

So if thats the case i need to find subs in the louder range a nd not so much low?
Yeah, that's mostly tuning more than anything, but some subs do better than others.. How much space do you have? Since you've got about 1500 watts on tap if you have the room you could look into the HDC 3 or even a HDC 4 if your willing to poney up the extra cash, unless you plan on upgrading your amp though the HDC 3 would be a better bang for your buck as most of the gains by using the hdc4 wont' be realized until you get over

2kw of power. What is you available airspace, outside box dimsensions will be fine.

There's a ton of subs that will work for you it really depends on how much room you are willing to give up for a box and subs and power. 1500 I'd get a hd. A sundown x or dd3500 series sub.

Currently only want half the backseat taken out n maybe later add another sub..

Now all i need is just amp suggestions for stable 1500+ watts

Currently only want half the backseat taken out n maybe later add another sub..
Now all i need is just amp suggestions for stable 1500+ watts
Your budget and space will determine what amp and if new or used. A saz 1500 vfl 100.1 dc 1.2 at even a aq amp will work

At the moment i rather keep it at or around 1k so i can get a feel of what im doing as i do all my installs and work.

As for space since your not really defining what you mean id say to make it easy 3.5 feet wide and 3-4 feet in height so id prob be stuck with one sub depending on box length per sub

At the moment i rather keep it at or around 1k so i can get a feel of what im doing as i do all my installs and work.
As for space since your not really defining what you mean id say to make it easy 3.5 feet wide and 3-4 feet in height so id prob be stuck with one sub depending on box length per sub[/

A tantric hd 15 on 1500-2000 watts rms might be a good fit for you both sub and amp should be in the $1000 range give or take. New

As for space since your not really defining what you mean id say to make it easy 3.5 feet wide and 3-4 feet in height so id prob be stuck with one sub depending on box length per sub[/

A tantric hd 15 on 1500-2000 watts rms might be a good fit for you both sub and amp should be in the $1000 range give or take. New
Hd 15 or hdd 15.

I gues it doesnt matter but the price looks good new.. I might start with one and find a good strappable amp so i can really push it to the max with two 15s

Hd 15 or hdd 15.

I gues it doesnt matter but the price looks good new.. I might start with one and find a good strappable amp so i can really push it to the max with two 15s
The hd is 1500 rms. at about $400 shipped for one The amp will depend on which one. But should be at $900 or less for both. The sub will take 2-3 weeks to build and ship

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.