RCA Y Splitter Off Head Unit or Right Before Amplifiers?

Participant count
  • Participants list

Here2LearnThings

CarAudio.com Newbie
USA
Hi. I am planning out wiring for my system. I have a Pioneer head unit with Network Mode (high, mid, low RCA outputs). I am planning on running midbass and subwoofer amplifiers off the "low" output. The amplifiers do not have RCA outputs, just inputs. Which would be better:

1. Y adapter (one male to two female) on head unit "low" output, then two pairs of RCA wires ran to the back to the two amps

2. one pair of RCA wires to the back, then a Y adapter (one female to two male)

Thank you.

Yes, tweeters, midranges, midbasses and a subwoofer. The head unit will be used to low-pass at 250Hz and below for the "low". The midbass amp (Alpine MRV-T500) and subwoofer amp (Alpine MRV-1000) have built-in crossovers. Midbass will be high passed and the subwoofer amp low-passed.

Thank you.

Yes, they can be set to "Standard Mode" (front,rear,sub) or Network Mode (high,mid, low). It crosses over at various frequencies and slopes. The high is high passed. The mid is bandpassed. The "low" is low passed.

Yes, they can be set to "Standard Mode" (front,rear,sub) or Network Mode (high,mid, low). It crosses over at various frequencies and slopes. The high is high passed. The mid is bandpassed. The "low" is low passed.

Run one of these.

Screenshot_20220923-022038_Chrome.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...