RCA balance problems

Participant count
  • Participants list

Tjk

CarAudio.com Newbie
Simcoe
Hey first time post here, any help in troubleshooting would be appreciated, bought a car that has a system in it, everything worked great. I have 2 speakers in the front with tweeters and a sub in the back, there are no back speakers. Everything worked great until recently my left door speaker cut out. I took the panel off, checked the wires and one was loose, i tightened it back up and put everything back together. I noticed my left right balance doesn't work, it will go one way but not the other, if I flip the RCA's it has the opposite effect. I figured maybe it was a loose cable at the head unit so I took it off and checked. That did not seem to fix the problem. To be safe because I was in there anyways I had 4 RCA's 2 of which were not in use so I switched them to the other 2 and same as on the amp. When balance is center it does play equally through both speakers, but when I try l/r balance I run into the same problem one side goes deaf and the other plays. The odd thing is it plays both speakers through one RCA. I think it may be the amp but you would think it would cut out both speakers if it was an amp problem? Any help would be appreciated thank you

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.