Rate the below 3 way speakers starting from the best in terms of sound quality

3ways tend to sound like arse imho. Invest a good 2 way.
really??? but some saying "a 2-way speaker is better if you are operating on a tight budget, while a 3-way speaker is a great choice if you love music and value high-quality sound ". which is which?

They all ****. You have no individual control over the tweeters and midbass. This likely means the tweeters are going to be significantly louder and drown out and midbass you get. And 2ways/coaxial are always better, until you go to a full on component set with a midbass, midrange, and tweeter

really??? but some saying "a 2-way speaker is better if you are operating on a tight budget, while a 3-way speaker is a great choice if you love music and value high-quality sound ". which is which?
Who says that?

A 3 way speaker is a midrange a tweeter and a woofer all in one. Its the entire range played by one speaker. At best its like having a flat equalizer. A two way speaker is the same but it at least doesn't try to create bass out of the same speaker and ruin the sound. A 3, 4, 5 way speaker is honestly the worst speaker you could get for sound quality, (for what you would buy for a car). You don't get to tune any of the range.

I see those are all 6x9s. If its in the budget and you have room, the want you really want is a set of 6.5 components, (maybe even 5.25 components). If the choice is either 2 way or 3 way, then go 2 way. You will never get enough bass out of those 6x9s to matter, but they won't ruin the sound quality by trying to pump bass through em like 3 ways will.

Last edited:
Who says that?

A 3 way speaker is a midrange a tweeter and a woofer all in one. Its the entire range played by one speaker. At best its like having a flat equalizer. A two way speaker is the same but it at least doesn't try to create bass out of the same speaker and ruin the sound. A 3 way speaker is honestly the worst speaker you could get for sound quality, (for what you would buy for a car).

I see those are all 6x9s. If its in the budget and you have room, the want you really want is a set of 6.5 components, (maybe even 5.25 components). If the choice is either 2 way or 3 way, then go 2 way. You will never get enough bass out of those 6x9s to matter, but they won't ruin the sound quality by trying to pump bass through em like 3 ways will.
anyway, will never use the bass off a speaker. i already have dual sub. so those speakers will be set on a High pass frequency. well, was previously looking at JBL 508c/609c component speaker, Infinity REF-6530CX Component Speaker, INFINITY PR6510CS component speaker but finally wanted something easier to install but yet give good sound quality. why JBL and infinity is because saw that most saying that JBL/infinity gives best sound quality.

Last edited:
anyway, will never use the bass off a speaker. i already have dual sub. so those speakers will be set on a High pass frequency.
Thats what a 3 way speaker is, its a mid, a tweeter and a woofer.

Thats great knowing you already have subs. You want to be able to take the bass out of your mids and highs. If you can get it in the budget or get it to fit, you can do 6x9, 6.5, or 5.25 components, for better sound quality. Or depending on your setup, buy em separately and hook em up your way.

Thats great knowing you already have subs. You want to be able to take the bass out of your mids and highs. If you can get it in the budget or get it to fit, you can do 6x9, 6.5, or 5.25 components, for better sound quality. Or depending on your setup, buy em separately and hook em up your way.

so you mean that the below speakwer from pioneer would be great for sound quality?

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Speakers/PRO+Series/TS-6900PRO

but well, those are pro speakers and aim at delivering high volume and tends to forget about the sound quality.

Here's the problem with 3 way coaxials. It mainly comes down to crossovers or lack thereof. Looking at the Pioneer TS-6975V3, you have an ~1.5 inch midrange, probably highpassed @ 1-2kz @ 6db with no low pass crossover on the 6x9 midbass. So you're going to have considerable overlap and comb filtering from ~1khz to ~4khz. Then you have the same issue again with the ~.5 inch tweeter which is probably highpassed at ~5-7hz @ 6db with no low pass on the midrange driver so now we more overlap and comb filtering between the mid and tweeter.

Some people like that hot mess type of sound. Maybe you're one of them. Go take a listen. If you like that type of sound then any of the sets you mentioned will do the trick. There is no reason to believe any one of them is significantly better than the others.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...