Ram underseat

Participant count
  • Participant list

SteelKiller
10+ year member

Portland
Well......I'm back again!!! Gonna do it this time!!! I have the power so now it's time to build. I have a basic design but am not sure how to calculate volume with a weird shape. I will attach a pic but it's not mine and I have
reached out multiple times asking to buy design plans ect.... sealed.....2-10" drivers or 4-8" drivers. Of course I know it all depends on 3space but. I have 1500 of under rated class d with 1/0 ran to the connection point. Any way to make an educated guess/calculation on volume?
Thanks

Ok, talk to my local shop.....he says front firing is less desirable than up or down firing?!!! WTF!!! He says something about the sound wave doubling easier? I understand to a point but isn't there such a thing as too close? Also, he says 1200-1500 isn't enough for 4-8" L7 or similar, what do you think? Sealed is my preference.

I have basic geometry skills, just looking for an easier(quicker) way than breaking out the old tape measure!!! I'm lazy in the planning stage!!!

Some people will fill the enclosure with packing peanuts and then pour the peanuts into a box find their volume. I guess if you have bunch of packing peanuts laying around, that works. Not sure if saves you much effort.

Some people will fill the enclosure with packing peanuts and then pour the peanuts into a box find their volume. I guess if you have bunch of packing peanuts laying around, that works. Not sure if saves you much effort.

Might as well do a cylinder volume test. What size packing peanuts? What is the formula for packing peanuts to airspace volume? Because everybody has a shitt load of packing peanuts laying around to calculate their subwoofer box airspace. It's simple wedge box math kid. A two minute problem..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...