Radio turns on but no sound

Participant count
  • Participant list

Christian Hujanen

CarAudio.com Newbie
I recently installed an aftermarket radio into my 2004 Toyota solara sle, the radio works and plays music when the key is turned to ACC ( accessory mode) , but as soon as I start my car the radio stops and no sound comes from my speakers. The radio stays on and says it’s playing music, but no sound is coming out. Does anyone have any suggestions on why this might be ? 

I recently installed an aftermarket radio into my 2004 Toyota solara sle, the radio works and plays music when the key is turned to ACC ( accessory mode) , but as soon as I start my car the radio stops and no sound comes from my speakers. The radio stays on and says it’s playing music, but no sound is coming out. Does anyone have any suggestions on why this might be ? 

Interesting issue.  Normally, we would consider if the factory system included a factory amplifier that is now miswired.  

Did you purchase a vehicle harness so the factory wiring was not cut, or did you cut the factory harness off and make manual connections?

It is possible that the power to the JBL amplifier is somehow not provided when the car is running but is in ACC.  You will want to measure voltage on the turn-on wire to the factory amp as well as amp power. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Christian Hujanen

CarAudio.com Newbie
Christian Hujanen
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
keep_hope_alive