"PRIMO" 10, 12, and 15 inch subwoofer

Participant count
  • Participant list
This is is an iteration of a driver that may be available by the end of the year. It is a ~1,000 rms driver and offers 22.5mm one way liner xmax (overhang method, not normal 70% bl rating). Right now it uses 220mm OD magnets but I am working with FEA to see if I can go with a thicker smaller OD magnet set up to make it a bit cheaper. Right now it would be in the $350 price range.

It is currently designed using an 8 layer aluminum coil but I will be FEA'ing an edge wound coil with windings on both the inside and outside of the former to help increase efficiency. It houses faraday rings in the pole over the coils entire stroke to keep inductance down. This driver has been engineered to be a ground pounder with really good sq that will like small ported enclosures. Below are a view model pics of it in its current stage.

oh, and its most obvious feature. It has a massive heat ring directly between the gaps to wick away heat to keep power compression to a minimum.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Quentin Jarrell
Folsom, La
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
pmcalis1
1000005348.jpg