Questions about the 99 Trans Am that the Speakers has 4 Terminals on them; Need to re

Participant count
  • Participant list

nyg052003

Senior VIP Member
Asking this for a friend that has a 99 Trans Am that came with the monsoon stereo system. 2 of the rear speakers need to be replaced and when I looked at them, they have 4 terminals on them and it appears all of the speakers are wired in conjunction like that. I can't confirm they all are as I just looked at the 2 speakers. Anyway when i called crutchfield yesterday I was told that to get the new speakers to sound proper I would need to get a new deck and regular 4 ohm speakers or find those trans am speakers online. Just called Best buy because she was told before that best buy had the speakers she needed for that car. I was told that if I took a 4 ohm speaker and hooked it up , then took the other wire and tied into the same terminals that in essence it will be doing the same thing and won't affect the impediance.

So basically saying it will work and going to sound normal...........................

Thoughts

This might help you understand the "4 terminal" speakers...

U59%20Monsoon%20Speakers.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.