Question for C Class Mercedes..

C32AMG

Canada
Hello all, just joined the forum, so i'll briefly introduce myself.

From Toronto, Canada.. Got a 2003 black Mercedes C32 AMG. (there haha)

Anyways, I'm wondering if any of you know how to install a Screen, DVD player, CD Changer and a TV Tuner in the W203 Chassis(2000-2004 c class) ?

Now, since I just wanted to hook up those components to my stock sub/amp(I have the stock Bose system), one audio shop told me I would have to re-wire everythign again. In the end, they quoted me $690 with tax (100 bucks for the new console bracket, and 100+ for Fosgate wires).. I thought that was too pricey so I went to another shop where they quoted me $275 (75-100 bucks for parts) and they told me I would not have to do ANY re-wiring whatsoever.. Something about using a "trigger" (Excuse my car audio ignorance :p)..

I was just wonderin what your takes were on this. I would much rather prefer payin $275 for the install, but I don't wanna give it to someone that doesn't know what they're doing.

Any help?

Thanks,

J

If i'm not mistaken (which I may be), since you are keeping the bose amp and speakers,you should be able to hardwire the preouts from the new head unit directly to the inputs of the bose system right in the dash behind the radio.

I have used the outputs from a bose head unit to drive aftermarket amplifiers and worked quite well, but I haven't tried the scenario in reverse. I assume it would work as long as you properly have the remote turn on leads hooked up.

Um, well since you aren't installing any amps, it shouldn't be that big of a job. If you have never installed anything it may not be a bad idea to foot the 275 bucks, It would probably be about 70 bucks in parts if you did it yourself. To install the cd changer its just a matter of running a few wires to the trunk. The dvd player just needs wires run to the screen, and then to an FM modulator to listen to it over the speakers.

Does that install cost include the cost of installing hte screen? if it does, 275 really isn't that bad.

Thanks for the replies guys

And yes installin the screen is included in the cost.

So you guys are sayin that it shouldn't be necessary to re-wire everything right?

If so, man those guys that charged me $690 sure did try to rip me off :p

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.