Question about Air pressure and Watts

XxAndreaxX

spain
hello, I bought a 8" sundown audio x8.

750W RMS but able to do 1000W also.

it sounds much louder than my previous 8" 110RMS sub, in the same enclosure.

then, I compared my sundown to a Cheap 15" 250RMS sub and no history, the 15" is another world, although quality, is Little bit less, especially at lower freq.

then my GF bought a 15" sub power acoustik Gothic with 1400RMS high excursión.

I Was thinking, 5-6 times more Watts, should sound like a beast.

but again, not much more overall pressure compared to the 250W 15" sub, only more quality at lows thanks to the extra excursión.

then i recenty Heard 2x 15" 500RMS watts subs and blew my mind.

less watts again but much more pressure (maybe twice) as the Power acoustik.

so my guess is, Watts at lows, are nothing more than a number, what you need to make bass, is airflow, either with woofer Surface, or with excursión.

you can have twice the pressure with 2 250W, than 1 with even 2000W

am I right?

Am I missing something???

hello, I bought a 8" sundown audio x8.750W RMS but able to do 1000W also.

then, I compared my sundown to a Cheap 15" 250RMS sub and no history, the 15" is another world, although quality, is Little bit less, especially at lower freq.

but again, not much more overall pressure compared to the 250W 15" sub, only more quality at lows thanks to the extra excursión.

so my guess is, Watts at lows, are nothing more than a number, what you need to make bass, is airflow, either with woofer Surface, or with excursión.

am I right?

yeah you forgot to list the amp you are using and your electrical upgrades that you've done along with the overall box specs used.

If you just used pre-made boxes, there's your problem. The box is what determines output along with how good your amp is and how fed your amp is.

Also that power acoustik gothic is a garbage overrated sub, its at best a 500 watts sub. Anything power acoustik its a lie, subs amps, head unit etc... There are garbage brands out there that you need to stay away from.

yeah you forgot to list the amp you are using and your electrical upgrades that you've done along with the overall box specs used.

If you just used pre-made boxes, there's your problem. The box is what determines output along with how good your amp is and how fed your amp is.

Also that power acoustik gothic is a garbage overrated sub, its at best a 500 watts sub. Anything power acoustik its a lie, subs amps, head unit etc... There are garbage brands out there that you need to stay away from.

hi bro, it might be garbage, but its connected to a 2250W RMS Amp.

If it would not have all that Wattage, it should be fried by now.

IMO it sounds veeery good for the Price, the best budget sub I Heard so far.

The enclosures we used are generic ported enclosures so enclosure is not a factor.

also the AMP we used, were all overpowered.

it seems like simple maths. more Surface multiplied by excursión, more air pressure. Seems that Watts are totally irrilevant below 50hz, maybe they might have a place for upper Bass and high range

hi bro, it might be garbage, but its connected to a 2250W RMS Amp.If it would not have all that Wattage, it should be fried by now.

The enclosures we used are generic ported enclosures so enclosure is not a factor.

it seems like simple maths. more Surface multiplied by excursión, more air pressure. Seems that Watts are totally irrilevant below 50hz, maybe they might have a place for upper Bass and high range
you still didnt answer my question.

You also never clamped tested the amp to see how much watts was actually going to the sub in the first place. My buddy clamp tested 500 clean on the oscope before his gothic gave out so yeah its garbage. You might not have anywhere close to as much power as you think dude.

You still havent listed the amplifier model nor your electrical

You also used prefab generic boxes which are beyond garbage for any kind of performance so thats THE BIGGEST factor. This is your biggest fail right here.

You literally brushed past the most important parts and just think about cone area aka the noob way of doing things, shoving a bunch of big subs in too small of boxes thinking you'll be loud.

A single 8, properly fed power in a perfect enclosure will destroy a 15 in a prefab box.

do you like maths?
TcTZELt.jpg

...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

you still didnt answer my question.
You also never clamped tested the amp to see how much watts was actually going to the sub in the first place. My buddy clamp tested 500 clean on the oscope before his gothic gave out so yeah its garbage. You might not have anywhere close to as much power as you think dude.

You still havent listed the amplifier model nor your electrical

You also used prefab generic boxes which are beyond garbage for any kind of performance so thats THE BIGGEST factor. This is your biggest fail right here.

You literally brushed past the most important parts and just think about cone area aka the noob way of doing things, shoving a bunch of big subs in too small of boxes thinking you'll be loud.

A single 8, properly fed power in a perfect enclosure will destroy a 15 in a prefab box.
ah ok... no, no one was nor in a perfect enclosure, nor perfect amp, nor perfect sub... all Budget stuff, except my sundown

the 250rms subs are probably more efficient than a "heavier" sub so cheaper subs with lighter cone and higher db rating can be louder than bigger heavier sub with same power but cheaper subs just can't handle as much power.. so depends on what amp/power u have and what box it's in as to which sub is best for your system..

The old ear spl meter isn't really that great.

Now a days spl meters are small and accurate

Check for sales at

Gp audio or ssa.

Increase in 3db is 2x as loud extra 10db is twice the air pressure.

hi bro, it might be garbage, but its connected to a 2250W RMS Amp.If it would not have all that Wattage, it should be fried by now.

You are so far off I'll suggest reading loudspeaker cookbook

hello, I bought a 8" sundown audio x8.750W RMS but able to do 1000W also.

am I right?

e3HgNoF.jpg

Right on!... seems like you got it all figured out... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.