Put a second speaker in a 12" ported subwoofer

XxAndreaxX

spain
Like title says, I have 1 sundown x8 speaker, and wantet to make use of it.

my idea was to screw a hole on the side of the speaker and plug the X8 in.

will it sound similar to 2 separate enclosures??

or will it be a mess??

1. Standard Ported 12" enclosure

2. 1 power acoustik 1200W RMS sub 12"

3. 1 sundown X8 750-1000W RMS sub 8"

ok so I have to separate different size woofers in different enclosures? or is it still bad to mix 2 different subs in the same trunk???
you NEVER EVER mix any kind of subs in the same trunk/car. You literally get negative or distorted bass coming from all the sound waves cancelling each other out, doesnt matter if you seperate it or anything else you can possibly think of, its DOES NOT WORK EVER, there is no loophole nothing. Get this thought out of your head completely.

If you do run both(not recommended), run the two different sizes in separate enclosures with separate amps(not recommended). If it were me I would probably sell off either one or the other and get a second of the one you keep. You can then take advantage of running things on one amp, in one enclosure (as long as you account for correct airspace), etc. I personally am not a fan of mismatched equipment for all of the reasons mentioned above as well as cosmetic reasons.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.