Purchasing a new 4K Mono Block Amp

I understand actual audio. Dyno is real world numbers. You keep bringing impedance rise into the equation and it’s not right. Sundown says at 1 ohm it produces 4K, and at 1 ohm it produces even more.

You will never see those dyno numbers in your vehicle. Let's see the dyno done at 12.6v. I understand that the amp produces rated on a dyno table. The real World isn't a dyno table. If you want to give your two subs 4,000 watts then you better buy an amp bigger than the SALT4 or wire it to .5. To each his own though.

You are the dumbest person I’ve ever talked to. And I’m saying that lightly. It’s not sundowns responsibility to say, “hey our amp produces over 4k at 1 ohm but if you wire to 1 ohm, impedance rise will likely not let you see 4k.” Ratings are there to tell you what an amp does at a certain load. Not their problem if your box s(u)cks, your electrical s(u)cks, or you s(u)ck.

Last edited:
You are the dumbest person I’ve ever talked to. And I’m saying that lightly. It’s not sundowns responsibility to say, “hey our amp produces over 4k at 1 ohm but if you wire to 1 ohm, impedance rise will likely not let you see 4k.” Ratings are there to tell you what an amp does at a certain load. Not their problem if your box s(u)cks, your electrical s(u)cks, or you s(u)ck.

I don't care if your box is efficient and you have good electrical you will never see 4,000 watts @ 1 ohm. Too many people rely on those dyno numbers like they are real World numbers and they aren't. Thanks for questioning my intelligence.

What you’re saying is you’ll never see 4k while wired at one ohm. That is completely different than the amp doing 4k at one ohm. Why do you do this?

FFS, just add him to your ignore list and move on.

Impedance rise is a moot point. Speakers are a dynamic load. Your amp will only see 1 ohm or 4 ohms or 3.748 ohms or 7.21 at a specific frequency, start playing music with multiple frequencies and **** gets funky.

Stop worrying about getting an extra 10 or 20 percent out of your amp. You need to be 3db louder to hear a difference. It takes more than double the amplifier power to increase sound 3db. And it takes half the power to be 3db quieter. Unless you are chasing scores in a competition, you honestly wont hear a difference.

Matt

You need to be 3db louder to hear a difference. It takes more than double the amplifier power to increase sound 3db.
1dB is actually the threshold of where most people can notice a differnce. Still though, you're on the right track about how little difference more or less power starts to make after a point.

1dB is actually the threshold of where most people can notice a differnce. Still though, you're on the right track about how little difference more or less power starts to make after a point.

We are alot less sensitive to bass frequencies below 80hz than anything above. 1db differnce would be the minimum discernable difference for a pure sine tone. When you start playing music it gets harder to detect anything under 3db.

But I don't disagree, you still need more than a few hundred wats at the 4k input to hear any real difference.

Matt

I want to thank you guys on your feed back in these 2 amps. Still doing more research, anyone have experience running with Soundqubed amps like the Q1-6000
Solid overbuilt korean amps. There's alot of users that have run those type of boards over a decade
I've had alot of the Soundqubed Q series amps including the 7k. They are tanks.
Agreed. With TCs current electrical (250A and an AGM) even something like the Q2200.2 would be a very good match. Good balance of price, power, and reliability.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...