Professional Help Needed

Participant count
  • Participants list

Seaner17

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi everyone.

I have been installing car audio systems for years, and this is the first time i have had any issues with an install.. Its beyond frustrating, and i thought i would ask for some help.

I have a 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4XE. I have taken all of the audio out of it and started fresh. All factory speakers are gone, the stock amp has been disconnected, and the sub and wiring has been removed. Brand new head unit ( Phoenix Automotive, Android 10 ). I grabbed 2 amps for a friend ( Infiniti Kappa One, and Four ). All new speakers ( Alpine Type-R Components and Subs ).

The Issue:

When i turn the head unit on, everything works great. the bass is a little high for my liking at low volumes. When i turn the volume from 0 -15, the bass is pretty loud. When i turn the volume from 15 - 30, the highs get louder, but the bass doesnt seem to louder as quick as the highs. when i turn the volume from 30 - 35 everything is blasting and it sounds great.

The Kappa one amp has a high pass filter setting on it, and i have never used an amp with that. Not sure if that is ******* it up..

I bought a bass cube 2.0, and some shielded rca's for the highs.. I havent installed either yet. The purpose of the bass cube would be so i can lower the bass and raise the bass as i need to. it also has what looks like an rca line volt setting, which i was hoping would regulate the voltage going into the bass amp.. I am just guessing at this point. I am trying to avoid ripping things out and trying things.

I would like to see if anyone else has come across something like this before. Or what it could possible be.

I dont have a spare head unit kicking around for me to try. And the android head unit is a direct plug and play, so switching the head unit would be a paint to just "try".

Please le me know what your thoughts are. Thanks for your help everyone. Fingers crossed..

Alpine Type-R Components and Subs
Is the sub's box built to Alpine specifications?
switching the head unit would be a paint to just "try"
You could use a 3.5mm to RCA patch cable direct to the amps from your phone. If your phone lacks a headphone jack, you could also use a BT receiver/dongle.
Screenshot_20230130-123853.png
Screenshot_20230130-123816.png

There is a loudness setting on the deck.
Its an on / off. thats it.
I can try turning it off and see what happens. I will let ya know.
This seems the likely issue. Hopefully there's no other baked in EQ in that head unit that becomes a problem for you. Your other stuff isn't a weak link so in my mind the source unit is the only possible culprit.

Different companies do the loudness at different levels. The one that you have would probably have sounded pretty good on factory speakers and deck power. But it’s to much for an amplified stereo with aftermarket speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...