Prestige 1000wt amp

Basically it's a "don't waste your money on that" situation. How much do you have to spend? And what voice coil configuration is your sub?

Basically it's a "don't waste your money on that" situation. How much do you have to spend? And what voice coil configuration is your sub?
Ive had this amp give to me> And all i want is to know can i start this amp out on my L7?

If your L7 has dual 4-ohm voice coils, it'll work fine. L7s are available with dual 2 or dual 4-ohm coils. If it is dual 4-ohm, wire the coils in parallel for a 2-ohm load, and your amp will put out 500wrms to it, which should power it nicely.

If your sub is dual 2-ohm, you would have to wire the coils in series for a 4-ohm load, and your amp would probably only put out 250w to it, half of it's potential. Underpowering the sub won't do any damage, just make sure to set the gains properly, a lot of people with too little power crank their gains trying to get more causing damage.

If your L7 has dual 4-ohm voice coils, it'll work fine. L7s are available with dual 2 or dual 4-ohm coils. If it is dual 4-ohm, wire the coils in parallel for a 2-ohm load, and your amp will put out 500wrms to it, which should power it nicely.
If your sub is dual 2-ohm, you would have to wire the coils in series for a 4-ohm load, and your amp would probably only put out 250w to it, half of it's potential. Underpowering the sub won't do any damage, just make sure to set the gains properly, a lot of people with too little power crank their gains trying to get more causing damage.

Thanks man, I appreciate the info. I can finally stop being stressed out over this amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.