Preferred frequency response curve?

[quote name='Papermaker85']i set my sub high as i can without drawing the stage rearward its really a level matching issues when you have your phase/time alignment right..
you have the PWXs sealed? how do they do with the substage when its cranked?

man @ciaonzo sold me the best sounding PA drivers I've ever heard these things legit play do to 35hz up well into the midrange with ease and sound transparent. alittle dryer than my 6.5s but still very realistic maybe more so than my 6.5s around 250 to 500.. they are super clean even moving more than im comfortable with a midbass moving. lol i wouldn't be suprised if they have 7 ot 8mm xmax[/QUOTE]

my sub stage is right there by the B pillar so its kind hard having it being dragged behind me since it already feels like its in front even at full tilt.

By itself it feels like I already have subs in my car with the subs turned and hpf still at 80hz. With hpf off or at 50hz its literally sub bass central and my door panels cant handle it even with all the deadening I did, lowest it played with authority was 28hz. It keeps up midbass wise until about 152 db then the sub stage completely drowns it whenever a 40-55hz note hits, its fine with 35hz and under material.

I normally dont bass loud anyways since I live in the city and I dont like shaking people's houses I only bass hard if i'm on the freeway or doing demos at shows. So i'm at most listening to at most 140db of sub stage max on the daily.

my sub stage is right there by the B pillar so its kind hard having it being dragged behind me since it already feels like its in front even at full tilt.
By itself it feels like I already have subs in my car with the subs turned and hpf still at 80hz. With hpf off or at 50hz its literally sub bass central and my door panels cant handle it even with all the deadening I did, lowest it played with authority was 28hz. It keeps up midbass wise until about 152 db then the sub stage completely drowns it whenever a 40-55hz note hits, its fine with 35hz and under material.

I normally dont bass loud anyways since I live in the city and I dont like shaking people's houses I only bass hard if i'm on the freeway or doing demos at shows. So i'm at most listening to at most 140db of sub stage max on the daily.
**** wish you where closer.

for years i told peeps walls sounded better. not so many phase issues(trucks sometime with 2 woofers but 4 woofers port in the center works great) you can hear the woofers and the woofers sound much more upfront. cars downright **** for systems.

look here.. when got into actual sound i realized i've been listing to bass mekanik all wrong all these years. you don't know ho much the 80-250hz range make the bass complete! get you a good pair of 10" PA drivers with 400 per side. you will thank me later
Maybe one day but for now it's all about spl.

im about to do a SPL install. lol im gonna try to do a easy inchangable port and tuned low for daily but its gonna be a burp build..

The one I'm beginning to work on will be strictly for burps and the entire thing (amp, box, h/u, electrical system) will be completely removable after the show and is powered 100% by batteries.

The one I'm beginning to work on will be strictly for burps and the entire thing (amp, box, h/u, electrical system) will be completely removable after the show and is powered 100% by batteries.
what batteries? id suggest a nice cap bank to avoid voltage sag!

[quote name='Papermaker85']man @ciaonzo sold me the best sounding PA drivers I've ever heard these things legit play do to 35hz up well into the midrange with ease and sound transparent. alittle dryer than my 6.5s but still very realistic maybe more so than my 6.5s around 250 to 500.. they are super clean even moving more than im comfortable with a midbass moving. lol i wouldn't be suprised if they have 7 ot 8mm xmax[/QUOTE]Yeah, those things are monsters. High sensitivity, stupid power handling, and gobs of clean excursion for crazy output with headroom to spare. B&C makes those for McCauley for use in one of their high fidelity concert line array systems. Unicorns for sure, glad you're enjoying them.

Yeah, those things are monsters. High sensitivity, stupid power handling, and gobs of clean excursion for crazy output with headroom to spare. B&C makes those for McCauley for use in one of their high fidelity concert line array systems. Unicorns for sure, glad you're enjoying them.
i want another pair! im glad i got um. the freak drum tracks are so loud that it exceeds some band drum lines i've heard and i only havve 250 per side i want to do 400. thanks again! lol

What curve do you guys prefer?I like the smiley face curve for the most part

Bass slowly sloping down to about 500 with the largest dip around 4k and a shallow rise from 12k up.
I like a relatively flat curve until 50hz and below.I also like girls with small tops and nice bottom ends.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

I like a relatively flat curve until 50hz and below.I also like girls with small tops and nice bottom ends.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk
lol. i can't stand the honky sharp mid to upper mid-range to be so forward but i love that air and sparkle 14k+ gives.. i like big ******* and big booties. most of all i like squirters

**** wish you where closer.for years i told peeps walls sounded better. not so many phase issues(trucks sometime with 2 woofers but 4 woofers port in the center works great) you can hear the woofers and the woofers sound much more upfront. cars downright **** for systems.
eh, this is the best I can do with my sh*tty phone mic. Still got 6 volume clicks to go but anymore than 56, that tiny smart phone mic eats sh*t completely. This is at 80hz high passed.

[video=youtube;iYpbeLHrB-k]

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.