Precision Power P.65C3 new 3-ways In Stock Now

Participant count
  • Participants list
Hey trumpet

i have a question about this set do you know the recommended rms of what each of the components in this set can handle as i want to run these active

thanks

Hey trumpet
i have a question about this set do you know the recommended rms of what each of the components in this set can handle as i want to run these active

thanks
No, but when you run speakers active you have control over each driver. I can help you set them up. Do you need help choosing your other equipment? HU, amps, DSP, etc?

can you give me the dimensions for the smallest recommended sealed enclosure for this sub

American Bass - VFL-8D

also i will be using the 2010 Acura TL SH-AWD stock head unit it has the ELS 10 speaker system. up front are two 1.7inch tweeters in their respective L/R a-pillar Location between them is a 3.5 center speaker front doors have 2 6.7 inch mid-bass drivers rear doors have 2 3.5 in mid range drivers rear deck has 2 more 6.7 inch mid-bass drivers and a 8in sub between them in a very very crude & simple enclosure.

i was thinking of placing these 3.5 inch

American Bass - SQ 3.5

in instead of the ppi 3 mid range drivers but feel that the three ppi 3inch mid-range drivers would give be better performance,clarity and detail.

also thought of using these as mid-bass drivers

American Bass - XD 6.54

but decided aginst it the ppi mid-bass woofers are perfect for the rear front doors and rear deck.

i was looking at the jl JL Audio XD600 to push the three mids and two tweeters and the JL Audio HD900/5 for the 4 mid-bass drivers and sub

now if there is a more reasonable ppi alternative and to these amps even if i have to run three of their class d amps please let me know

now i plan on running a dsp processor to tie it all together but which one?

also what gauge speaker wire for speakers and subs

you can find the 2010 tl speaker array configuration here

http://www.panasonic.com/business/automotive/els/vehicles/acura-tl.aspx

Thanks trumpet

I see you want to use all of the factory speaker locations but you want to gut it all except the head unit and factory amplifier. To do this properly and actually acheive better sound than what the factory provided takes a lot more than just finding speakers to fill holes. While I can sell you products to accomplish this goal, what you really need is a hands-on expert to execute this plan and support you in the future.

I would be happy to help you locate a reputable car audio shop in your area. I would hate to see you spend a lot of money and end up with a mess.

can you give me the dimensions for the smallest recommended sealed enclosure for this sub
American Bass - VFL-8D

also i will be using the 2010 Acura TL SH-AWD stock head unit it has the ELS 10 speaker system. up front are two 1.7inch tweeters in their respective L/R a-pillar Location between them is a 3.5 center speaker front doors have 2 6.7 inch mid-bass drivers rear doors have 2 3.5 in mid range drivers rear deck has 2 more 6.7 inch mid-bass drivers and a 8in sub between them in a very very crude & simple enclosure.

Thanks trumpet

I see you want to use all of the factory speaker locations but you want to gut it all except the head unit and factory amplifier. To do this properly and actually acheive better sound than what the factory provided takes a lot more than just finding speakers to fill holes. While I can sell you products to accomplish this goal, what you really need is a hands-on expert to execute this plan and support you in the future.
I would be happy to help you locate a reputable car audio shop in your area. I would hate to see you spend a lot of money and end up with a mess.

LOL Nope Barry Im Derrick By the Way i will not be using the factory Amplifier im looking at two companies that might build me two custom 5 channel amps one is the above mention company who makes the 8 inch sub i also will have a dsp installed between the factory Head unit & two amps one of which will be rated 50x4 and 4ohms class d for the three mids & two tweeters and the other at 75x4+250X1 at 4 ohms for the four mid basses and 8 inch sub.

now since looking at your video on you tube i thought about maybe doing a cdt set up except sub(still going with the vfl8)

but here it goes

1 HD-1A/BL tweeters , 2 pair of HD 3

1 pr 3" mid-woofer(because i need three of these) & 2 pair of HD-6MDVC Cast 6.5" subwoofers for the mid basses

now i can power these by either the custom amps or 3 of the Precision Power Phantom class d amps

By the way you have a great system i feel its versatile for every style and frequency range of music I'm a recording engineer by trade so i can appreciate the work you put in Great Job.

im looking at two companies that might build me two custom 5 channel amps one
Why on earth would you get custom made amplifiers? Did I read this right, you want American Bass to make you these amplifiers? There are so many good amplifiers ready to rock with the option of fast replacement if needed.

now since looking at your video on you tube i thought about maybe doing a cdt set up except sub(still going with the vfl8)but here it goes

1 HD-1A/BL tweeters , 2 pair of HD 3

1 pr 3" mid-woofer(because i need three of these) & 2 pair of HD-6MDVC Cast 6.5" subwoofers for the mid basses

now i can power these by either the custom amps or 3 of the Precision Power Phantom class d amps

By the way you have a great system i feel its versatile for every style and frequency range of music I'm a recording engineer by trade so i can appreciate the work you put in Great Job.
Thank you for the compliment.

I recommend you look over the MX-Designs systems. These come with passive crossovers that can be used with just a small midrange and a tweeter so you can power the midbass drivers directly from an amplifier. The reason for doing this is so you only need 4 DSP and amplifier channels to power 6 speakers. You will need to do it this way if you ever want to use rear speakers in addition to a center and a sub.

I no longer recommend using HD-6MDVC as a midbass driver. Its low sensitivity makes it a poor match for blending with a small midrange or tweeter. You might know from my YouTube channel I had tried them in that application. MX-M6 is a much better choice, or if you want a more aggressive tone MX-6F will give you that while taking less power to get loud. These drivers are shown on our MX-Designs site.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

trumpet

5,000+ posts
Barry Schanz
trumpet
St Cloud, MN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date