Pre amp voltage question

Participant count
  • Participant list
You can. Just don’t turn the subwoofer level feature all the way up. I always like to check my preout voltage with a meter and see where my voltage sits relative to the volume level it’s turned up to. You’ll likely only see 7 volts if subwoofer level is turned all the way up and volume level is fairly high on the dial. What head unit do you have?

I'm running an older jvc right now (til I find something I like better) but it only has a sub preamp. I was gonna grab an equalizer so I wouldn't have to high level into my the 4 channel for mids and highs.

I'm running an older jvc right now (til I find something I like better) but it only has a sub preamp. I was gonna grab an equalizer so I wouldn't have to high level into my the 4 channel for mids and highs.

I run my eq with hi RCA voltage just on sub amp, very low gain on amp and I can run lower than rated ohm loads, amp never shuts off. without it is much less output, even with half or more gain , and heats up fast. even had one fail without using a good eq and low amp gains right after returning and no eq

So my point

low gain on amp if using hi input rca voltage on EQ or line driver/etc

what eq? most don't output 7v rms even if rated more. unless clipped bad

I got you a hook up homie. just need to order new harness off eBay if not same as your jvc

4v rca. ungodly EQ and xover settings, USB, and outputs you want for highs amp and sub outs.

no cd and no remote came with it from the box.

I paid like 90 100 on sale and hardly used it installed, loaned it to my bro for his test bench project, he lost the harness he never even used it I loved it but I just have to run a CD player.
PM me if interested, it's cheap

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...