powering 2 type r's

88k5blazer
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Texas
Hey guys I have 2 12inch type r's and i have decided on either an audiobahn A8000T

or a jbl 600.1 and would like to know which i should get. The subs are dvc 2ohm so i will be running them at a 2 ohm load. The audiobahn is 800 rms at 2ohms and the jbl is 600 at 2ohms. I need to know which amp is better for the type r's. I have heard great reviews for both and i have seen alot of peeps here using the jbl600.1 and 1200.1. I just dont know if 300rms is enough to make them hit the way i want them to. I have seen peeps running 500rms and have heard of ne where up to 600 rms to these subs but i think 400 will be perfect cuz i deff dont have to money to blow these things. I know lots of peeps are audiobahn haters and i guess i kinda am too with their subs but i dont know how their amps perform. The audiobahn is 420 most places but i can get it for 200 on ebay and the jbl is around 200 on ebay. Has ne one here used audiobahn amps? cuz if i get good feedback from audiobahn amp users i will prolly go with the A8000T cuz it would look better with my install. Tnanx alot for the help in advance and sry for the long post.

Im just sayin why take the 600 watt amp when u can get the 800 watt amo for the same price? Is the audiobahn a crappy amp or what?

Yea i know ill need a subsonic filter if they r ported but they r sealed, thats why i was cosidering the audiobahn over the jbl cuz it will give me 400rms per sub. Would it be a noticeable difference going with 200more watts? And when u say slam how loud r u talking about. I know they will be awesome in the sq department but just dont know if they will be loud enough. I would have ported my box but had limited trunk space so they would have more spl...

Type R's can take some power //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I gave my 2 1200 RMS daily and they were fine. But they were also fine with 350 daily.

Yea i know ill need a subsonic filter if they r ported but they r sealed, thats why i was cosidering the audiobahn over the jbl cuz it will give me 400rms per sub. Would it be a noticeable difference going with 200more watts? And when u say slam how loud r u talking about. I know they will be awesome in the sq department but just dont know if they will be loud enough. I would have ported my box but had limited trunk space so they would have more spl...
they impress me more each day. his are in a 1.0cuft per sub qlogic sealed box. at first i thought my subs, 2 10" pg ti's hooked up to a jbl 600.1 in a sealed box were alot better, but now id say they are very close. we were playing lil john kings of crunk track 3 and my teeth were chattering alil from it. its plenty off bass imo. id go with the 600.1

Are the jbl amps overrated? Cuz if i could get 700 watts (350 each) that would be better im thinkn...... i dunno y but i have a bad feeling 300 rms each wont be loud enough for me which was the whole reason i was looking at the audiobahn amp thats 800rms at a 2ohm load. I know the jbl600.1 is a great amp cuz i havent read a bad review yet but has ne one ever owned an audiobahn amp?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.